Next Captain

Dias for me as he appears to be a very strong willed guy who wont stand any nonsense no matter who you are IMO.Very much in the Ferno mould.
Agreed and I think he would relish it whereas for some of the others it may add responsibilities to their game that they don’t naturally enjoy

Kyle confirmed it’s him, Kevin, Ruben, Rodri and Bernardo.

Very happy with that group, and it seems everyone at the Club is doing all they can to convince Kyle and Bernardo they are absolutely essential to our continued success.
Other clubs don’t do this but genuinely believes with rotation system at the club it wouldn’t be a success without the this captain group.

I crave your indulgence please. Just a few quotes from the Press conference by Kyle Walker (c BBC):

Manchester City defender Kyle Walker on whether he's thought much about winning last season's competition: "I don't think I thought about it until I arrived back into Manchester.

"I played golf the other day after facing Scotland and a Man City fan came over and said 'I'm here with a lot of Londoners who support Arsenal and Chelsea, and he said thank you'.

"Until then it didn't really set in. When he said that it makes you think it's not just for us but the thousands and millions who support the club."
Manchester City defender Kyle Walker on his new contract: "Why should I want to leave this great team?

"For me, it was about the years. I'm 33 now and I just wanted to settle in, not just for me but also for my family.

"It does play on your mind if you have uncertainty. I want to be at this club as long as possible.

"I hope [this is my last club]. I'm here until I'm 36 and if they want to give me another one then I'd take it. They'll have to wheel me out of here.

"I need to make sure this is a positive season for myself and the team."

Manchester City defender Kyle Walker on staying motivated: "It's our job. We're at a massive club for a reason.

"It comes from within that you have to keep going and be motivated. The manager wants to win more, he doesn't settle for second and we need to follow in his footsteps.

"What we've done is in the past now, it's a new season. The manager drew a diagram and had us at the bottom of the mountain and we have to climb it again.

"Going again is what separates good teams from great teams."

Manchester City defender Kyle Walker on the captain's vote: "The captain's vote has come in and five captains have been chosen and we will lead the team for the season, we'll make sure to keep everyone in check and collect fines.

"It's down to myself Kevin [de Bruyne], Rodri, Ruben [Dias] and Bernardo Silva.

"I've been honoured and it's a privilege to lead these players out. I will continue to do that and lead the players on and off the pitch to make sure we're lifting trophies at the end of the season."

That's our lad, He's staying, this is his home!!! :-)

Thank you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.