Next Captain

i feel giving ireland the captaincy next season would be to much responsibility and may take something away from his performances

ConnorMCFC said:
i feel giving ireland the captaincy next season would be to much responsibility and may take something away from his performances

good point... but could give him extra desire

Blue1979 said:
New captain next year for sure, mark my words!

does that mean that Dunnes moving on, or we are buying in a ready made Captain or are we just going to give it to Kompany/Ireland/etc

Doesn't necessarily mean he'll move on. Distin upped his game after being relieved of the captaincy. Some players revel in it, for others it can be a bit of a burden. There aren't many natural leaders in our squad. I think the only player capable of captaining the side properly is Kompany. It'll either be a new top class centre half, or him.

nickson71 said:
Blue1979 said:
New captain next year for sure, mark my words!

does that mean that Dunnes moving on, or we are buying in a ready made Captain or are we just going to give it to Kompany/Ireland/etc

A few weeks after Dunnie signed his new contract (on the 4th of June) Hughes said, "'He (Dunne) fulfils the captain's role very well and will continue to do so." I could have sworn Hughes also said it would be for a year and we'll see how it goes, but I can't find that or similar language anywhere.

Source: Telegraph (originally MEN)

Okay, found it now:

From the MEN, July the 23rd, 2008.

"There was absolutely no reason for me to change the captaincy this season," said Hughes. [my emphasis]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.