Next Captain

Not being as big a fan of Kompany as most seem to be on here, I'd give Barry the nod. Already got considerable Premier League captaincy experience.

I love Dunne and hope he will be with us next season, as i think he is still a good player and bleeds blue blood. But due to one bad season some people have suggested he isn't good enough to play for us.

If Dunne does go or is more a squad player (If he is i'd have him as club captain), who would be the team captain? Previous threads have suggested Kompany, a great young player and excllent professional with european experience and a year under his belt at city and being vice already.

Yet now with the arrival of Barry, maybe he would take over as team captain, superb professional, captain for villa and a wealth of experience. He may have just arrived, but so did Ince at liverpool, and he took the arm band.

I would think Barry is favorite for captain should it be taken off Dunne. He is a very good leader and that could have been one of the promises made by the club when he signed.

At the end of the day Dunne has been a quality servant to the club for the last 7 or so years and I for one want to seem him stay at the club.

It's pretty clear that he won't be in the starting eleven regularly next year and so can't be our real captain but we could do something similar to what United have done with that spanner Neville and have him as club captain.

I think he deserves it after all this time and it would be great to see him lift a trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.