Next Captain

If he stays and plays, then I see no reason why to take the armband off him. I think he is a good captain. However, if he doesn't play/stay next season, then I think Kompany or Given would be the best options.

I dont think that it should be given to shay or barry. You cant just walk into a club and be handed the armband without proving yourself as a proven captain and not at another club!!!!

bluemoon05 said:
At the end of the day Dunne has been a quality servant to the club for the last 7 or so years and I for one want to seem him stay at the club.

It's pretty clear that he won't be in the starting eleven regularly next year and so can't be our real captain but we could do something similar to what United have done with that spanner Neville and have him as club captain.

I think he deserves it after all this time and it would be great to see him lift a trophy.

nah it has to be barry, i think he is strong consistant and a man to follow, we are past dunnie as much as i love him, he isnt loud enough and barry runs games, he is a natural born leader so barry it must be. if not then ireland

I cannot see Dunne sitting on the bench as he is too good for that,
But we also need to move forward and i cannot see him starting, maybe a one season backup unless we get a 5 mil offer we might aswell keep him..

Mottram_MCFC said:
If he stays and plays, then I see no reason why to take the armband off him. I think he is a good captain. However, if he doesn't play/stay next season, then I think Kompany or Given would be the best options.

i think it has to be an outfield player and i think it also has to be someone very consistant, i think club captain should be decided a week before new season kicks off, go through pre season friendlys. we see who we have and who suits, i think midfielders are always the best. but im sure barry will be a very suitable captain. england international, consistant, strong, loud, and everyone will be looking forward to playing under him, he is the link between us being a strong team and not just a good attacking and defending team, we now have a link between defense and attack.

only better singing other than barry could have been essian.

trust me this guy will be a city legend soon enough

Dunne is an outstanding player and should continue to be our Captain.

He has proved himself on innumerable occasions and been loyal to MCFC.

The defense was a mess for the first part of the season, with Micah injured or below par, Nedum still finding his feet and the left back position all over the place, through no fault of Dunnes.

Dunne was the mainstay of Pearce's rock solid defense when City finished fourteenth scoring only twenty-nine goals during the whole season.

Times are a changing at City, but you "don't throw out the baby with the bath water."

I hope Dunne isn't the captain next season. He makes far too many mistakes and is not a real leader. Someone who really commnicates with the other players and tells them what he feels when things are going wrong should be picked for the forthcoming season. Also someone who always gives 100%, Kompany or Ireland could do a good job, but I suspect it may be our newest signing Gareth who takes the armband.

cant see dunne being a regular in the team nx year, hes had a chance to impress this year but hes been poor, hes been a good player for us thru the years while weve been an average team but if we want any chance of a top six finish we cant have dunne in the team wackin um in his own net n gettin sent off, he too slow n too many mistakes in him, his better days are behind him i think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.