Next Captain

With Stevie leading out the team again last night is there a new role for him in the team as vice captain to Dunney. Lets look at the positives for Stevie he has won over the fans loves the club to bits and has come all the way through the system at the club he could be our John Terry type of captain in the next year or 2. All of last year he has been in the papers for the good things and in interviews he has been refreshing to see and puts his point accross well. I know a lot of people think Kompany will be next for the armband but for me I would see no reason why Stevie couldn't be the captain of this team. The players look to him more than ever before to make things happen and it would be great for the younger players to see Ireland captaining the team. If Ireland can do it why not me.

Im guessing that a decision on this years captain is being delayed until we know who is in and who's out. I think Ireland has been given the job as a reward for his player of the year tag and knows he will not be the captain for this season (Not what I would consider captain material anyway, think its not in his makeup and could hamper his game) If Terry comes in then its him and if not then Id guess Barry. Id think Barry would be Terry's deputy if he arrives.

leighton said:
Why would you have Kompany ahead of Ireland? I think Kompany would be behind Ireland and Barry not a natural leader for me and needs to concentrate more on his game than Ireland does.

VK is probably more vocal which is why I see him ahead of Ireland. Also Barry has several years experience at Villa as a captain, and eventually I can see him above Ireland in the pecking order. I just wouldn't want to burden Irelands game at all.

what nixon said. i reckon things will have to settle down before a permanent captain is chosen. barry, terry, dunne, shay, ned all have got great leadership qualities. unfortunately i can't see dunne keeping it, i think it might be passed to barry but it remains to be seen.

Ok with the Toure transfer almost done who would you have as captain and vice-captain?

Mine would be Barry as our captain and Toure as vice, with Ireland as 3rd choice in any matches neither of them play.

bugsyblue said:
Ok with the Toure transfer almost done who would you have as captain and vice-captain?

Mine would be Barry as our captain and Toure as vice, with Ireland as 3rd choice in any matches neither of them play.
almost done??? where have youe heard this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.