Next James Bond?

Your 'Doctor Who' analogy is poor. The half alien being had the regeneration ability to be anything of humanoid form, as alluded to by David Tennant in his beginning turn, feeling himself all over and being pleasantly 'surprised' [and 13 re-generations are allowed according to canon, which makes Whittaker the final one]!

The fact that the character has been a man, until now, is down to the peer and financial pressure resisting change.

Characters stagnate and if it's feasible to do and is okay within the realms of a working prognosis to change it up, why not...?

The problem is, Bond hasn't changed up. It's tried to become a modern 'version' of itself and in the process losing most of the stuff that made Bond unique and quintessentially Bond.

As someone said earlier, in an effort to 'move with the times' Bond has become a poor man's Jason Bourne/Ethan Hunt. The things that made Bond different, like the corny humour, the "Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred" and the gadgets, have all but disappeared.

Someone else suggested the idea of Bond films having a retro feel being set in the 60s. I think this is a great idea ... just update the action sequences to be more exciting and dangerous. You could even lean on 'future' technology with the gadgets.

The problem is, Bond hasn't changed up. It's tried to become a modern 'version' of itself and in the process losing most of the stuff that made Bond unique and quintessentially Bond.

As someone said earlier, in an effort to 'move with the times' Bond has become a poor man's Jason Bourne/Ethan Hunt. The things that made Bond different, like the corny humour, the "Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred" and the gadgets, have all but disappeared.

Someone else suggested the idea of Bond films having a retro feel being set in the 60s. I think this is a great idea ... just update the action sequences to be more exciting and dangerous. You could even lean on 'future' technology with the gadgets.

You'd have to ask yourself, which modern day studio has made an appealing action spy film about yesterday, that was a box office smash...?

Er, nobody, cos it was a non-starter.

Modernising 'Bond' appeals to many and disenfranchises few.

As it stands now, if the last White hope for 'Bond' has failed, then it's time to explore other avenues of reinvigorating the brand; rebooting it.

Your 'Doctor Who' analogy is poor. The half alien being had the regeneration ability to be anything of humanoid form, as alluded to by David Tennant in his beginning turn, feeling himself all over and being pleasantly 'surprised' [and 13 re-generations are allowed according to canon, which makes Whittaker the final one]!

The fact that the character has been a man, until now, is down to the peer and financial pressure resisting change.

Characters stagnate and if it's feasible to do and is okay within the realms of a working prognosis to change it up, why not...?

This is going to be a bit geeky here.

Doctor Who isn't a half alien, he's a full alien. The reference made to being half human was in the Doctor Who US Movie and roundly ignored canonically. Also, they fixed the canonical 13 regeneration limit in Matt Smith's Xmas Day story. The regeneration limit was something imposed by the Time Lord society and they granted him further regens/topped up his regen energy.

Whittaker is technically the 14th regen for the Doctor. He had a regen between McGann and Eccleston which came to be known as "the War Doctor".

Either way, the Doctor's gender has never changed because there was never any reason to change. There still isn't from an in-Universe perspective. The idea that the Doctor could even regenerate into a female wasn't established until almost 50 years after the series started. There were female Time Lords but they also regenerated into other females.

Presumably you're perfectly happy with the Hollywood notion of "white washing" certain characters designed to be non-white? Because why not? Why not change it up a bit?

You'd have to ask yourself, which modern day studio has made an appealing action spy film about yesterday, that was a box office smash...?

Er, nobody, cos it was a non-starter.

Modernising 'Bond' appeals to many and disenfranchises few.

As it stands now, if the last White hope for 'Bond' has failed, then it's time to explore other avenues of reinvigorating the brand; rebooting it.

I thought Man From Uncle was good. Made a decent profit too for Warner Brothers.

If we're talking money, both Skyfall and Spectre grossed almost $1Bn - so your argument about stagnating doesn't stack up.

The fact that Bond has become boring for me personally is a different matter. I'd rather watch You Only Live Twice again than Spectre again.

Presumably you're perfectly happy with the Hollywood notion of "white washing" certain characters designed to be non-white? Because why not? Why not change it up a bit?
So long as they leave Jesus white and Aryan then I’m fine.

Samuel L Jacksons nick fury jr is the son of the comics original nick fury, this was done so it could fit in to the universe.

Seemingly bond 60 odd years on from the origonal books does not have to be the original bond , but as he has apparently.shagged thousands of women around the globe and possibly fathered numerous children, a new version of bond could be a child of his and conceivably be of any ethnic background.

An easy plot addition that can keep the purists happy and also open up the casting to anyone.

Or you could just accept it is a fictional charactor on not give a shite who plays it as long as they do a good job at it
Also, there's an idea that James Bond is a code name. That anyone can be the man.

i always felt the amy winehouse song back to black was a good song for a james bond film and with a black james bond a good choice in my book idris elba would be

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.