Next James Bond?

Bigga said:
BWTAC said:
Bigga said:
Interesting how 'offended' you are.

Were you this angry when Obama became the 'leader of the Free World'???

Offended? Wow, you can deduce that from my post? Are you suggesting i am racist?

I take it then my suggestion offended you that a openly gay white man would be able to portray a character such as Shaft. But i am in no way suggesting you are Homophobic.

There's the difference. It would not bother me. A character is a character and as I said BEFORE if the role allowed within its parameters a type of character, then it's all fine with me.

The only thing I hold with your suggestion is that a role would have to be adapted to display the 'change' in a character if you wanted that role to be 'challenging'. I have no qualms with such a reflection.

I, however, am unsure what character adaptation a Black man would require to play 'Bond' who is, after all, mainly an action figure...

There's no difference. If an actor is chosen to portray a fictional character, their colour or sexual oriantation should not really be an issue, just their ability to play the part.

I just found it incredable that you used a thinly veiled accusation of racism on my part for my post when i was merely trying to put across the point above.

Wait, wouldn't casting a black actor as Bond mean only black actors could play the part for the foreseeable future, you can't just chop and change, the continuity would be awful.

Bigga said:
BWTAC said:
Here's my candidate for the next Shaft blockbuster soon as we are knocking down sterotypical barriers for fictional chracters.

11uj52q.jpg

That's a bit of a low blow,Bigga.
We're talking a fictional character here,rather than the most powerful man in the (real) world.
I don't think anyone is racially discriminating by preferring a white Bond,as he is traditionally portrayed and culturally accepted as such.
For example,I wouldn't fancy seeing Leonardo DiCaprio playing Malcolm X.
Personally I couldn't care who played Bond as long as they could act well,and Elba certainly fits that bill.

paphos-mcfc said:
Apparently a few people think he's an up hill gardener.

<a class="postlink" href="http://rollingout.com/tag/idris-elba-gay/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rollingout.com/tag/idris-elba-gay/</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://hot1073jamz.com/idris-elba-spotted-leaving-gay-nightclub-in-london-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hot1073jamz.com/idris-elba-spott ... don-video/</a>

Lol, IF that were true Mrs DH would be a bit disappointed I'd stand a better chance.

For me it stands to reason 'Bond' should change with the times, in reality he'd be about fuckin 80-90 by now, that's more 'unrealistic' than having a black actor playing the role in the current day.

BWTAC said:
Bigga said:
BWTAC said:
Offended? Wow, you can deduce that from my post? Are you suggesting i am racist?

I take it then my suggestion offended you that a openly gay white man would be able to portray a character such as Shaft. But i am in no way suggesting you are Homophobic.

There's the difference. It would not bother me. A character is a character and as I said BEFORE if the role allowed within its parameters a type of character, then it's all fine with me.

The only thing I hold with your suggestion is that a role would have to be adapted to display the 'change' in a character if you wanted that role to be 'challenging'. I have no qualms with such a reflection.

I, however, am unsure what character adaptation a Black man would require to play 'Bond' who is, after all, mainly an action figure...

There's no difference. If an actor is chosen to portray a fictional character, their colour or sexual oriantation should not really be an issue, just their ability to play the part.

I just found it incredable that you used a thinly veiled accusation of racism on my part for my post when i was merely trying to put across the point above.

But you didn't put the point across that you just have. Even less so by using a person that is not a film actor, but a dancer that hams up the the small screen.

Using Rupert Everett would have solidified your argument and brought less collision from me and more agreement.

Ill chosen examples are your fault, not mine.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Bigga said:
BWTAC said:
Here's my candidate for the next Shaft blockbuster soon as we are knocking down sterotypical barriers for fictional chracters.

11uj52q.jpg

That's a bit of a low blow,Bigga.
We're talking a fictional character here,rather than the most powerful man in the (real) world.
I don't think anyone is racially discriminating by preferring a white Bond,as he is traditionally portrayed and culturally accepted as such.
For example,I wouldn't fancy seeing Leonardo DiCaprio playing Malcolm X.
Personally I couldn't care who played Bond as long as they could act well,and Elba certainly fits that bill.

What about Brad Pitt play Joan of Arc?

Bigga said:
Ovo said:
Bigga said:

He's got a point though. There would be outrage if they remade Shaft with Vic Reeves playing him.

No, he hasn't "got a point" and I would lay claim to any Black person that felt in similar terms.

If THIS type of thought process is what you find "has a point" then why accept SOME change and not others?? It smacks of foolishness to 'accept' a Black president, unless you don't? Maybe there should be no women leaders or drivers or women with careers, full stop. And no voting!

No Irishmen, Blacks or dogs should be allowed in certain areas. I could go on, but I know how stupid people can be when it comes to change.

Perhaps you should ask yourself how 'liberal' you truly are, mmm??

What are you going on about? Read Fetlocks post. It sums everything up perfectly.

Bigga said:
BWTAC said:
Bigga said:

But you didn't put the point across that you just have. Even less so by using a person that is not a film actor, but a dancer that hams up the the small screen.

Using Rupert Everett would have solidified your argument and brought less collision from me and more agreement.

Ill chosen examples are your fault, not mine.

As were your Obama reference and your assumption that i was offended, but if you want to accuse people of racism on such evidence as my post, i'll leave you to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.