Next League Games

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This time last year we drew with Everton, then went on an unprecedented run of a 19 game winning streak. Yesterday’s performance was one of those things, against a very good Wolves side. I expect us to win the next 4 games in the run up to the ‘Pool game. I can’t predict that, but it’s time we end the Anfield hoodoo. They’re going to be up there with us the entire way, so three points there will be like gold. Burnley at home? 3 points. Spurs away? No reason why not another 3 points. Then Southampton and United at home. 6 more points.

The only expectations I have are the next game, whatever that is. Once you look ahead and past the so called easier games, that's where complacency sets in and we get our arses slapped. So it's Fulham and my expectation is of a much improved performance from City, to show everyone - yeah, we're champions.

I see maximum points for us going into the Liverpool game. The scousers will have played Spurs and Chelsea away by the time we head for Anfield so will be very interesting to see where they are. We came away from Chelsea last season believing we could win the league based on what we'd seen. If the dippers get good results at Spurs and Chelsea, they'll have a similar belief going into our game at Anfield.

We have been off colour but we started like that last season so I am not concerned. Players easing into full fitness and we will hit our stride. Dippers played preseason like it was competitive football and with their high energy tactics they will burn out. I expect them to be up there with us until the New Year where I would expect them to start to drop off. Chelsea will ve a threat too.

I see maximum points for us going into the Liverpool game. The scousers will have played Spurs and Chelsea away by the time we head for Anfield so will be very interesting to see where they are. We came away from Chelsea last season believing we could win the league based on what we'd seen. If the dippers get good results at Spurs and Chelsea, they'll have a similar belief going into our game at Anfield.
Think we'll be top when we go there.

Think we'll be top when we go there.

I want to be top when we leave there, not when we go there ... whatever the scenario then ... obviously being 4+ pts ahead of them before the game would have us going in very calmly and ensure just that ... but going even a point or two behind and winning there to come out top would be ok too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.