Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% not. I love Kompany, but Arteta has shown how playing football and even leading a football team are a completely different skillset to managing a football team.

I hope one day Kompany will have established himself as a top coach with titles, so that he can take the reins.

But he's nowhere near ready
We need a world class coach for our world class club. Not a legend or whatever. Lampard and arrest both showed that doesn’t work. Maybe in 5-7yrs if vinny proves himself somewhere

I honestly wouldn’t mind Brendan Rogers. I think if he had the talent we do and the money to recruit like we do he would be great.

I’m starting to think this is all a ruse, to keep us in the press. Bad publicity is better than no publicity sort of thing. I love Pep, love his football and want him to stay for as long as possible. I like City winning and scoring loads of goals.

I'd like to see Graham Potter given a chance, he plays similar type of system to us and he would give the young up and coming kids a chance to show what they've got, I know this won't happen as the City board have bigger fish to fry but I'd like to see him at some capacity at City In the future.

Wouldn't mind trying Ten Hag when Pep goes
When Pep goes, his successor will have to be someone proven to have worked with the same style of football elsewhere. Ten Hag certainly has done that. The problem is, his league is infinitely less competitive, a different kind of pressure, and ultimately it would be too big a risk for me. I really, really would go for a German manager. No English managers, please.

Why are you blaming the PR team? Did the PR team ask Pep to comment like that? It's a comment that Pep himself wanted. Protect Pep from what? Who is protecting the fans?

it will be such a hard job to take by any manager after pep and its much like fergie at united

i have a feeling once pep is leaving the owners will have a big choice to make in do we keep with the Spanish mafia
and playing style or have a rethink and build something else ? i keep hearing the DNA of a football club is the most important thing going forward ? but for me football catches up with you and clubs get better at playing up and you need something else.

football does have stages when a club is untouchable and become the top dog and have a way of playing that other clubs can not live with. but it can become stale very quickly and if you don't change to keep yourself in front you can bet somebody else will step up and take your crown

so as for next manager after pep ? well it may be what next for the club and owners after pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.