Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 3 of our managers have failed in the champions league. Excuses will be made for each one but the simple fact is they failed to win the biggest trophy with one of or the best team in Europe.

I hope we learn from the fiasco at the swamp when Fergie retired. We need to identify Pep's successor and bring him in for a year to learn from Pep and work with Txiki so the transition when Pep does leave is a smooth one and we continue to play the same quality and style of football & don't try to get the players new systems that they're not suited to.

Bayern generally go through managers pretty quick, everyone gets sick of the council of legends they have in the end. I wonder if Nagelsmann might finish his cycle at Bayern roughly when pep leaves city. Would be a good hire.

Guardiola has an even worse record for us in the CL!
had to read that twice to make sure it said what i thought it said!
Failed to get through group stage on 2 occasions both under Mancini, yes 2011 was unfortunate considering points we accumulated would normally get you through but 2012 campaign was a complete disaster.

I like Brentford's manager Thomas Frank ,he's a breath of fresh air to the premiership.
He's passionate ,his team play nice attacking football ,he's got a connection with the Brentford fans & players.
Think he's got 20 years experience coaching with the youth players/teams in Denmark, before getting the brentford job . I think he would be ideal to bring the academy players through who are good enough to make it at city .
Could he do it at a big club like city or be a failure ?
who knows, but i would like to see him given a go.

I hope we learn from the fiasco at the swamp when Fergie retired. We need to identify Pep's successor and bring him in for a year to learn from Pep and work with Txiki so the transition when Pep does leave is a smooth one and we continue to play the same quality and style of football & don't try to get the players new systems that they're not suited to.
City's situation is the total opposite. We have a Director of Football-based model which we've had for about ten years which means our player buys/sales are planned meticulously and which ensures continuity when managers leave. It ensure that the club have a style and ethos throughout all levels. We've seen it in action perfectly for that decade already and it will continue when we have to replace Pep. The way our board operates we will know he is leaving, and presumably appoint a successor, way in advance of it happening. Look at what happened with the Pellegrini/Pep handover.

United are a badly run club making kneejerk reactions and changing direction repeatedly which is why they don't win anything any more. They are a wealthy version of us in the 1990s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.