Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no certs after Pep, sadly.

Ask United about that.

I can see the thinking behind Rodgers, there is also a feeling he is at the right age and will give young players a chance.

Let's remember, we flagged him up to be Mancini's number two and he would likely have followed as our next manager after Roberto if things had been different.

Personally, anyone is a downgrade.
Yeah I remember the talk of him coming in as Mancini number two and it seemed like a good idea at the time, I don't blame him for turning it down though, shows he had confidence in his own abilities which should be applauded.
If the reasoning is we are gearing up to bring more youngsters through then I suppose there's logic in somebody like Rodgers overseeing that.
Hes not for me though. I appreciate he's a capable manager and I'm sure we will continue to have success of sorts regardless of who's in charge but I'd rather it not be Rodgers.

Fuck me, to think we've got a few fans unhappy with Pep when the reality is there's nobody who comes close to him.

Luis Enrique. Luis Enrique. Luis Enrique.

Friendly with the Catalans, close to Pep. Familiar with managing a big club with big expectations. Treble winning manager who took over a Pep side and tweaked it enough to keep things fresh (quicker attacks, more central) without deviating from the principles.

Spain was the perfect job for him because of his daughter's illness as it allowed him to spend time with her, and the rest of his family. 5 years later he will probably be ready to re-join club management.

Anyway, Pep will have a lot of input. He gave strong recommendations to Barcelona (Vilanova) who they trusted and had success with, and he gave strong recommendations to Bayern which were ignored and followed by failure.

I think City are smart enough to listen to Pep so we won't go wrong.
My choice too.

Luis Enrique. Luis Enrique. Luis Enrique.

Friendly with the Catalans, close to Pep. Familiar with managing a big club with big expectations. Treble winning manager who took over a Pep side and tweaked it enough to keep things fresh (quicker attacks, more central) without deviating from the principles.

Spain was the perfect job for him because of his daughter's illness as it allowed him to spend time with her, and the rest of his family. 5 years later he will probably be ready to re-join club management.

Anyway, Pep will have a lot of input. He gave strong recommendations to Barcelona (Vilanova) who they trusted and had success with, and he gave strong recommendations to Bayern which were ignored and followed by failure.

I think City are smart enough to listen to Pep so we won't go wrong.

I'd be open to Enrique, although I don't want a situation like United had, where they went with Ferguson's choice of Moyes. It has to be a wider consensus, rather than just sorting his mate out.

I'm sure they will take Pep's comments on board and I am told he is a very big fan of Rodgers.

I'd be open to Enrique, although I don't want a situation like United had, where they went with Ferguson's choice of Moyes.

I'm sure they will take Pep's comments on board but I am told he is a very big fan of Rodgers.

But remember Moyes wasn't Ferguson's choice - Pep was. he even flew out to New York to meet with him only to get told he'd already picked Bayern. Then I believe it was Mourinho, then Klopp before Moyes?

But remember Moyes wasn't Ferguson's choice - Pep was. he even flew out to New York to meet with him only to get told he'd already picked Bayern. Then I believe it was Mourinho, then Klopp before Moyes?

I know what you mean, but he was still Ferguson's choice, ultimately, at the time of his choosing.

The market pool was indeed restricted. My own view is the market pool is now lacking outstanding candidates, mainly people talked up by the media like Pochettino, or whose reputation is more gilded because of an outstanding playing career such as Zidane?

Zidane won the lot at Madrid and I'd have the same reservations about Enrique, although that could change this weekend ;)

Interesting, so Moyes was basically 3rd or 4th choice ? Makes sense considering the tough time he had there.

I like Luis Enrique & Graham Potter personally, the latter would be good for a long term project. However I hope we can get another 4/5 seasons of Pep.
Graham Potter is a good shout but maybe if Pep leaves in two years it will be too soon for him.

Potter did well with Swansea and now superbly with Brighton, but probably needs to go on and manage a bigger club and players before he can think of a very big club job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.