Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers May be a slight downgrade from Pep but no way Is he beneath the others you mentioned. Rodgers with some investment would compete against those other managers you mention.
The doubts about Rodgers comes when he spends the money and chooses the players. His transfer record with the scousers was very dubious.
If and when Pep leaves will Tixki stay? or are we looking at a new DOF also.

Rodgers May be a slight downgrade from Pep but no way Is he beneath the others you mentioned. Rodgers with some investment would compete against those other managers you mention.

Pochettino: in similar situation as Rodgers at Liverpool in terms of quality of squad + budget. Average first season, then finished in the top 4 in four seasons in a row. Also reached a CL final. Rodgers only managed one season in the top 4. His european record is not very good, especially 14/15 CL group stage.

Klopp: Brought Dortmund from mid table to winning two league titles in a row, cup win & a CL final. Guided Liverpool to two cup finals in his first season taking over from Rodgers, with the same squad. The rest we know.

Simeone: Pretty much the same story as Klopp at Dortmund.

I could go on. The point is that the very best managers perform consistently over time. Rodgers havent done that when given the opportunity. He is a fine manager, who did well to promote Swansea, title challenge in 13/14 with Lpool, at Celtic & so far at Leicester. But when Suarez left, he got to spend loads of money, almost every signing in 2014 & 2015 failed, the team regressed and he got replaced.

Last edited:
Simeone, a truly elite manager who’s stood the test of time. Top bloke as well, takes no fucking nonsense from anyone.

Many of the other managers mentioned are flavour of the month types who’ve achieved fuck all in a major league. This guy’s done it at the highest level with the cards stacked against him.

Simeone, a truly elite manager who’s stood the test of time.
Many of the other managers mentioned are flavour of the month types who’ve achieved fuck all in a major league.

If you prefer City to get Simeone thats fine. But to say «most of the names mentioned have achieved fuck all» is just not true.

Allegri guided Juve to two CL finals, while Pochettino, Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Ten Hag are all regarded as the best young managers in the world.

Also remember that Pep himself was only the Barca B manager when he got his first big job, so could turn out that Arteta would be a great choice for us.

Last edited:
The doubts about Rodgers comes when he spends the money and chooses the players. His transfer record with the scousers was very dubious.
If and when Pep leaves will Tixki stay? or are we looking at a new DOF also.
Rodgers would manage the team. Others are responsible for managing player recruitment at City, and should they leave, I reckon our model would remain the same. It has worked pretty well in recent times.

Pep's not leaving for awhile now I feel.
As long as the crap keeps coming our way and Pep has to bear it personally I think will drive his will to succeed like never before.
I think that what he has seen and lived here in his time with us is that there are unfounded massive injustices to our club,
and that our fan base is truly a family(at least that's what I see from across the pond), and that he has been embraced as a family member in an emotional manner that I would venture he has not known to this extent elsewhere. I'm sure he appreciates he is in a special situation.
He is a prideful professional whom i feel thinks he still has a lot of unfinished business here and wants to see it through for the fans, Owner's, players, as well as himself.

Simeone, a truly elite manager who’s stood the test of time. Top bloke as well, takes no fucking nonsense from anyone.

Many of the other managers mentioned are flavour of the month types who’ve achieved fuck all in a major league. This guy’s done it at the highest level with the cards stacked against him.

Agree that Simeone takes no shit and I applaud his record at AM but his style of football isn’t my cup of tea.

I vote instead of one manager we have a machine linked to the collective brain of pre/ match day threads as obviously they know fucking everything.

Rodgers would manage the team. Others are responsible for managing player recruitment at City, and should they leave, I reckon our model would remain the same. It has worked pretty well in recent times.
Agreed, but Rodgers would more than likely influence who would be signed and that's a worry.

Right now, I'd say Ten Hag, Nagelsmann, Tuchel, or Enrique (in no particular order). Hope Pep stays for a good while first, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.