Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been games where we have looked very good, however when we have a weak central defence and lack physicality in midfield. De Bruyne is operating at 90%, Silva is old, Rodri is one-paced. We're crying out for the refreshment of youth but perhaps we're in transition.

It was blindingly obvious in Pep's first season that he wanted to play a certain way but his defence couldn't handle counter-attacks. Today it is the same only this time it's not age but injury that has taken it's toll there. In eps first year, the defence had collectively aged. They were all in their mid-30s. Now it is the midfield in Fernandinho and David Silva who have aged. We're crying out for the young legs of Foden but he's 19. Salah and de Bruyne were half the players they went on to be at his age. It's perhaps a bigger job than we are prepared to accept to see Foden replace Silva.

It is injury that has caused the problems but not having one top class left fullback and only having 1 top class C/H how got a seriously long term injury has exacerbated the problem.

It is injury that has caused the problems but not having one top class left fullback and only having 1 top class C/H how got a seriously long term injury has exacerbated the problem.
Mendy has not played for 2 seasons and in that time we prospered. Zinchenko has developed into quite a player.

I think we have an achilles heel in central defence exposed by injury and meanwhile David Silva's legs have gone whilst KDB is still some way short of where he was before injury.

Simon23 makes a very good point that it will be next to impossible for a 19 year old player to replace David Silva. We are all guilty of raising players who are not playing to pedastals which they are unlikely to reach (certainly not at 19). However, I do believe that Foden at 19/20 will be better than the Silva we have now at 33. His game his dipped just as Yaya's did.

This is standard for every great side. They all have a lifetime. Pep rebuilt Mancini's defence, now he has to replace Silva and Fernandinho.

The best thing that could happen now is for Pep to extend his deal and for City to rebuild. I think half the job has been done.

There have been games where we have looked very good, however when we have a weak central defence and lack physicality in midfield. De Bruyne is operating at 90%, Silva is old, Rodri is one-paced. We're crying out for the refreshment of youth but perhaps we're in transition.

It was blindingly obvious in Pep's first season that he wanted to play a certain way but his defence couldn't handle counter-attacks. Today it is the same only this time it's not age but injury that has taken it's toll there. In eps first year, the defence had collectively aged. They were all in their mid-30s. Now it is the midfield in Fernandinho and David Silva who have aged. We're crying out for the young legs of Foden but he's 19. Salah and de Bruyne were half the players they went on to be at his age. It's perhaps a bigger job than we are prepared to accept to see Foden replace Silva.
It’s true that it’s a big ask of Foden for him to come in and hit the ground running, but the need for energy is so great that I’d argue we are being overly hesitant to try him.

Another point - if we accept that the transition is not going to be seamless, is it not wise to be dropping him in and out of the starting line up whilst we still have Silva around to share the workload? Next year Silva is gone, so Foden needs to be ready. If we don’t give him at least 10 starts in the league out of the remaining 22 games, it’s a mistake. The league is gone so we need to prepare for next season.

Foden isn’t good enough to replace Silva. A new player needs to be found. It’s too much expectation on him.

In Pep’s 2nd season we replaced 3 fullbacks at a cost of £150mill.

Looks like we need to do something similar to that again.

Mandy is f***ed.
Cancelo never plays.
Zinchenko isn’t a full back, even though he has done well in that position.
Angeline is s***e
Walker is decent, but prone to the odd mistake and lapse in concentration.

As to our centre half’s.
Stone’s is bang average.
Otamendi was going to be sold by the club, then the club changed it’s mind because Kompany left.
La Porte is superb and I hope he recovers fully from his injury.

Once again we need at least two full backs, and we desperately need a world class centre half.

£150mill?

I agree we seem to have gone full circle from Pep's first season. One thing I think should be borne in mind that unless I've got the whole Abu Dhabi thing wrong then City are a flagship/centrepiece of their project - which seems to include buying up the whole of Manchester :). If that's the case then it seems the issues will be addressed though I doubt that will be before the summer
PS Pity the swamp is inSalford otherwise we could have bought it and evicted the sitting tenants

David Silva is such a great player that he's almost impossible to replace, one-for-one. If there is such a player out there, he will cost an awful lot of cash.

We haven't replaced Kompany yet.

Very soon, maybe 12-18 months we will need to replace Aguero, possibly the greatest forward City have ever had, and one of the best the PL has seen.

Even if FFP is abolished tomorrow, and the good Sheikh is willing to open his pots of gold, replacing just these three is not going to be a doddle.

I think the reboot is going to involve making use of some younger players (following the example of Chelsea) and making some expensive purchases. The good news is that we have the most professional management team ever. They know what's needed at least as well as we do. And I'm confident they will take action, if only because us falling down the table screws the owner's long-term plans completely. So I ain't going to panic yet.

Hes not ready made for next season .
If he was that good he would be getting game-time right now...

Could be a good squad player, but to think he can just slot in and fill D Silva boots over a 38 game season is pure and utter delusion.
Is that you tom?

Cameo games.
Hasnt played in a game yet when the gun is put to the teams head..
Pep brings him on when its its a cricket score , or gets the odd start depending the opposition and hes been around the squad for 2 years now

Its more PR for the fans ,and hes homegrown and it looks good for the club considering weve been criticized for not giving youth a chance since the takeover
Spurs in the run in scored to win the game

One of the problems we have is that new players may not sign until they know they are going to be playing for Pep. Outside the box but why not make Pep the Group on field director, the one who fixes the style of play, throughout the group and who all group head coaches report to. It would be the biggest job in football for him, and we get to retain his services, his name and his style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.