Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Pep knows he has full backing i think he will stay on. If he knows he can walk into Khaldoons office and say "team dont respond anymore, i need to totally rebuild it" with the reply being "just tell me what you need from me to help you with that and ill get on it" he will be fully satisfied.

Always said he would stay to at least 2025-2030 or beyond. I have seen nothing to change my mind on that.

As long as Pep knows he has full backing i think he will stay on. If he knows he can walk into Khaldoons office and say "team dont respond anymore, i need to totally rebuild it" with the reply being "just tell me what you need from me to help you with that and ill get on it" he will be fully satisfied.

Always said he would stay to at least 2025-2030 or beyond. I have seen nothing to change my mind on that.
God, I hope you're right

we must do all we can to keep him. this team , whilst good ,would get nowhere the title without him.
Agreed - Pep must stay until he decides to move on. But there is a manager who could keep us in title race every season ... if he was prepared to leave Brighton. The only manager who plays Pep's brand of football. With our players, just how good would Mr Potter be? He is now at the same age as Pep was when he came to us. Ideally, however, Pep stays a few years more, while England stop messing about with Mr Waistcoat and appoint Potter. England win a trophy or two, City continue winning trophies ... then when Pep retires, City make an offer that Potter can't refuse. Pep, himself, would be delighted to see Potter continue the work he has done. :o)

Wait until Watford have fired Roy hodgson, nip in and sign him up ,we would be set for another 10 years
You make a good point but would Roy have the nous to play our style of football? Better, if Pep retires, send for Graham Potter! :o) No-one else in the world could continue Pep's legacy.

Agreed - Pep must stay until he decides to move on. But there is a manager who could keep us in title race every season ... if he was prepared to leave Brighton. The only manager who plays Pep's brand of football. With our players, just how good would Mr Potter be? He is now at the same age as Pep was when he came to us. Ideally, however, Pep stays a few years more, while England stop messing about with Mr Waistcoat and appoint Potter. England win a trophy or two, City continue winning trophies ... then when Pep retires, City make an offer that Potter can't refuse. Pep, himself, would be delighted to see Potter continue the work he has done. :o)
"messing about with Mr Waistcoat"?

Southgate got us to a World Cup semi final and a Euros final. I know we all wanted the trophy but fuck me he's done a better job than every England manager in the last 30 years put together.

Southgate got us to a World Cup semi final and a Euros final. I know we all wanted the trophy but fuck me he's done a better job than every England manager in the last 30 years put together.

He also lost us both those games with extremely negative tactics, and if we're honest, only won one game in the process that our team should not have been expected to win easily (Germany).

He also lost us both those games with extremely negative tactics, and if we're honest, only won one game in the process that our team should not have been expected to win easily (Germany).
Nonsense.

If it was so easy England would have been to loads of finals and comfortably won the 2006 World Cup with Sven (a very good manager IMO) and the so-called "golden generation".

There's no shame in losing that final to Mancini's Italy side. Bobby Manc has worked a miracle there and as we didn't win it I'm glad they did.

Nonsense.

If it was so easy England would have been to loads of finals and comfortably won the 2006 World Cup with Sven (a very good manager IMO) and the so-called "golden generation".

There's no shame in losing that final to Mancini's Italy side. Bobby Manc has worked a miracle there and as we didn't win it I'm glad they did.

Simple answer to that is that very few top managers are drawn to international football, unless they've been getting sacked from club jobs for a while and it's beaten them down.

There's no shame to losing to that Italy side but we could have had more of a go at them, they were pretty rubbish on the day but we barely attacked after the opener as if we were waiting for them to equalise.

That's because he has the best England squad of the last 30 years.

He's a good man, a sensible man and an intelligent man. But international management is a totally different job to club management. All you really do is pick the team and the tactics. You aren't resposnible for the entire group's mentality, training, development, mentoring etc. That's why failed club managers sometimes do well at international level.

I don't believe he has the charisma or leadership skills to do a job like City's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.