Next Monday Everton

PSmyth07 said:
quadvod said:
Suggest your whole defence marks cahill - he's the only bloke who might score for us. Then marvel as our midfield sets a premiership record for sideways passes and Jagielka belts about 5 balls off the pitch under absolutely no pressure.

Easy win for your lot no doubt - no confidence + a total inability to score does not make for difficult opponents

Isn't Felliaini returning from injury though? Really think you could do with getting Donovan back on loan as well.

Fellaini has been back a couple of games since his suspension - will be interesting to see how him and rodwell (a little overhyped for me) cope with your three men in the middle of the park - personally i think you'll be a little too strong for them.

Agree re Donovan - am just hoping he hasn't been following the prem this year and doesn't realise how poorly we're doing!

I fancy this one because Everton are struggling at the moment. Wigan are going down this year yet they couldn't muster a goal against them. They always put up a good fight against us as Moyes hates our guts after the lescott saga.

But, it mustn't get lost in all this tevez disorder that we are unbeaten in 8 games (hopefully 9 after Juve). We are playing some good stuff, we should have had a hatful against bolton and 3 goals at the weekend plus the best defence in the league.

We are very strong at the moment with or without that Argentinian bastard.

Everton are such a hard team to play against and always raise their game . they won't have arteta which is a loss for them but they will have spirit they have won at our place 3 years on the run and it will fancy it again . But I think tevez will be made to play and ironically , if he does play , I think he will score the winner in a 3-2 win . Imagine the headlines after that one

Well I think Everton's problem is scoring not defending. I think Moyes tactics are more suited to games when we're underdogs as we can just pick teams off with a moment of magic like Chelsea. I don't think City's defence is that great but Everton don't really have anybody capable of taking advatage of that. If you play Balotelli and Adebayor up front we'll struggle. I think Everton will go to City and put 11 men behind the ball and hope for somehthing on the break. If Baines concetrates on defending we should pretty much be safe, if he goe sout of position we'll be in trouble. In many ways it's better we got a draw against Wigan goign into this game as the Everton players know they have to get something from the game rather than just get beat and put in a pathetic performance. I think it go 1 of 2 ways I think you could thrash us if we have an off day and start trying to attack to much as you'll catch us out. If we go the COMS and defend well and hope for something from a set piece it could end up a boring 0 0. Hopefully the latter ends up happening as losing to City would ruin my christmas and would put us in deep shit. I know due to our allocation going very quickly loads of Everton fans including me have got tickets in the City end so I'm not sure what will happen if we score, hopefully we can contain ourselves, but that seems unlikely at the moment.

De Jong being out is a big blow because Everton will no doubt ber very physical and look to bully us in the middle.

With them due a win, Tevez presumably not featuring and their usual raising of their game against us I'm afraid it's all set up for them to win. Shame.

Meh this is their cup final. Literally their biggest game of the season.

They have a hard on for city after the Lescott affair. He might have been their best player but to us he can hardly get on the bench so we don’t see what the fuss is about. But there you go.

Never under estimate how dirty and negative that David Moyes Everton side is all I would say, plus they are in a relegation dog fight these days.

Any sort of win will do for me but it won’t be easy. At the end of the day if we want champions league we need to be beating the poor bottom half teams like Everton home and away but like I said this will be a difficult game and we have to be ready for their negativity, poor kick and rush football and overall dirty play and tactics.

I am sure we will have the usual invasion of Everton fans. Everton fans are so bad they actually prefer the company of other clubs supporters even the clubs they hate.

That’s how bad Everton supporters are!

As for the result with the Tevez afair and Nige missing this has draw written all over it IMO.

Cahill isn't going to be gone until the new year because Moyes is desperate and knows he's their only chance at goals. A lot of pressure on him now would be nice if an embarrassing loss to us led to him getting the sack. Not counting on it though as he probably has Mancini voodoo dolls in his office and will get his squad up for it. Personally I would be happy if we get out of the game with a point.

*Nigel de Jong missing against a team that's choc full of bullies.

*Tevez possibly going awol and Balotelli with a wild hair up his arse against a team that we couldn't score against in two attempts last year. And don't say Jo, please. jo is the Brazillian Samaras - and that's as low as it gets.

*A referee who has done us zero favours (to put it kindly!!). Opposition who seem to have a permanent hoodoo over us.

Yeah, sure... this has got us thumping them five - nowt, written all over it...

I love a lucky, scrappy, flukey win because that'd show some character. I'd settle for a draw. Sadly, I'm expecting neither.

Hope I'm wrong. Oh, and I know... I am a gloomy b*st*rd.

alera said:
Meh this is their cup final. Literally their biggest game of the season.

They have a hard on for city after the Lescott affair. He might have been their best player but to us he can hardly get on the bench so we don’t see what the fuss is about. But there you go.

Never under estimate how dirty and negative that David Moyes Everton side is all I would say, plus they are in a relegation dog fight these days.

Any sort of win will do for me but it won’t be easy. At the end of the day if we want champions league we need to be beating the poor bottom half teams like Everton home and away but like I said this will be a difficult game and we have to be ready for their negativity, poor kick and rush football and overall dirty play and tactics.

I am sure we will have the usual invasion of Everton fans. Everton fans are so bad they actually prefer the company of other clubs supporters even the clubs they hate.

That’s how bad Everton supporters are!

As for the result with the Tevez afair and Nige missing this has draw written all over it IMO.

Give over mate, big game for a lot of Everton fans, sure. Bigger game than a few years back because of needle over Lescott, sure. Bigger than games against Liverpool and even your red neighbours? Not a chance in hell.

As for the game, 2 or 3 nil to your lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.