Next Rail Strikes Announced.

TPE is appalling. Trains are cancelled, seemingly on a whim. The trains that do run are often late and many of those are overcrowded because they only have 3 carriages. There must be spare rolling stock due to the cancellations, which isn't utilised to strengthen the trains which do run. Normally, having 3 carriage trains may not be too much of a problem. However, TPE run trains to Manchester Airport and so a lot of people have suitcases etc. which take up space where passengers could be standing (and there's always somebody with a bike too!).
Now imagine you are going on holiday. You have luggage. You are looking forward to a train ride to the airport to start your journey. Luggage stowed. Sitting down. Taking the weight off your feet. That is your expectation.
In reality, you are crammed into the train with not much chance of a seat. The train , although advertised as going to the airport is cancelled part way, so you have to change trains. That can be a real pain, especially with luggage to move.
Is this the ideal way to start your annual journey to a sunny place?

Rail replacement buses provided are shabby and often inadequate.
The strikes may well improve things because at least passengers (customers!) will definitely know where they stand and make other arrangements to get where they want to be.
Bon chance!

Avanti are just as bad. Double the London fares we paid to Virgin and few advanced fares available. Virtually none at weekends.

For the Madrid semi I flew to Barca and got the train the Madrid and it made me realise how far behind our rail system is in the Uk - quick, on time, luxurious and probably a 10th of the cost of what I pay regularly to go from Manchester to London (several time ls a month on business)

The other aspect is i no longer travel on the trains - they are far too unpredictable so I am now in my car and not likely to return any time soon - they can strike all they want but soon they won’t have any jobs as there will be no longer many more passengers
No guarantee if you are driving as the Rugby League fans found to their cost trying to get to Wembley yesterday.

Anyone have any idea of what kind of service to expect on the day of the Sheffield United away game, given that there is a strike the day before? Was speaking to someone on Friday at Burnley and he reckons we’ll be looking at about 50% of scheduled trains running on the Sunday which should be enough to get there and back with few issues.

Daughter coming back from Newcastle today, had to change at York. On time but arrives at York to be informed that train back to Manchester has been cancelled. What a fucking great service we operate in this country that trains are literally cancelled at a few minutes notice.

Anyone have any idea of what kind of service to expect on the day of the Sheffield United away game, given that there is a strike the day before? Was speaking to someone on Friday at Burnley and he reckons we’ll be looking at about 50% of scheduled trains running on the Sunday which should be enough to get there and back with few issues.
Strike finishes at midnight so depends if the trains are in the right places to start with for Sunday morning. I am booked onto the 9.30 from Piccadilly but have my doubts as to whether it will actually run. Coming back shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Strike finishes at midnight so depends if the trains are in the right places to start with for Sunday morning. I am booked onto the 9.30 from Piccadilly but have my doubts as to whether it will actually run. Coming back shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
Cheers. The 9.30 is the one I was aiming for too. If I have to wait another hour or so it’s no biggie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.