Next seasons fixtures

shinpads

Next seasons fixtures are released two weeks today on the 18th at 9am.
who do you fancy in the first game as reigning Champions?

I fancy QPR at home so we can show all the old boys, "look what you could have won"

I'm just paying attention to certain dates when I know I'm not able to get to the game and hoping we draw an away match!

I think it's more important to have a home game last day of the season, as we've seen in 2 of the last 3 seasons, it could come down to that again.

The first thing I check these days is the run-in. Would be nice to be at home again on the last game of the season as I fully expect it to go to the wire again!

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
How the fixtures are made? Random or ....???

They factor certain things in, like for example Manchester City and Manchester United won't both be at home on the same weekend. There are other factors too, I've copied a section of an article on this below which summarises some of the things they need to consider:-

complicated process

It is one of the most eagerly-awaited dates of the calendar and the fixtures team are acutely aware of the responsibility on their shoulders.

Compiling the fixture lists is a hugely complicated process which starts from scratch each year and which cannot even begin until after the Championship play-off final when the full line-up is known for each division.

Some of the groundwork though is done in the preceding weeks when questionnaires are sent to clubs for requests and input on dates to avoid. The questionnaires and date requests are also considered by each club's local police force. For instance the Great North run impacts on teams in the north-east.

Neighbouring clubs across the divisions are paired together to ensure they do not play at home on the same dates. For example, in the West Midlands Aston Villa and Wolverhampton Wanderers will be at home when Birmingham City and West Bromwich Albion are away.

Other criteria include:

*Wherever possible clubs should have no more than two successive home (or away) fixtures, excluding cup draws.
*All clubs should have an alternating sequence of home and away Saturday fixtures at both the beginning and end of the season.
*Any club away on Boxing Day should be at home on New Year's day and vice versa. Local derbies are avoided on these dates but equally distance of journeys should be minimised. If possible, clubs should have an equal number of home and away fixtures on Bank Holidays, if applicable.
*Clubs playing in the Europa League on a Thursday will have the option of moving a Saturday fixture to a Sunday so, where possible, these should be home matches.

Someone away as I am on holiday!

We seem to have been at home for the last 3 seasons and also played our last game at home.

11/12 - Swansea......................QPR
12/13 - Southampton.............NORWICH
13/14 - Newcastle...................WEST HAM

Wonder why?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

We seem to have been at home for the last 3 seasons and also played our last game at home.

Wonder why?
A positive agenda?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

Wonder why?

Just a big conspiracy against the rags didn't you know!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.