Next seasons home shirt (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just give us the possibility to design our own kits for the following seasons and make it a survey so people can vote on it. Nike are you reading this? You don't need to pay your own designers for making terrible kits.

I think designerS is taking it too far. There must be only one designer who makes 1 design and then they just have to change the colours. The kit is a fucking disgrace and the sooner we get rid of Nike the better. It's not even as if we're getting a good deal from them.

cfg and nike are attempting to give us a new identity. a new 'template' for our worldwide image, are they?

is this the price we pay for the good times the have brought us, and will surely bring us in the future?

i could believe that only if it was an individual template for city, but half of the nike 'stable' have got the fucking things!!! :(

so we remain just a small cog in a very large machine still, we are a bigger cog than we used to be admittedly, but we have now been installed in a much much larger machine.

anyway enough of analogies, nike.....you are shit!

Change the base design else F**k off Nike!! Light blue shirts, white shorts, light blue socks, white trim. Just change the collar as the main variation ( a V neck would be nice a la classic Uruguay) This should be THE kit for MCFC end of.

I know you're insistent on the Navy thing mate, but I don't agree.

Doesn't sit right with me. And as Garry James said, many of those examples of Navy socks come from black and white photos where they may well have been black.

Liverpool used to wear white shorts not even that long ago but from about the 60s on they stuck with a colour scheme of all red.

We need to do something similar IMO, not point to examples where we wore a particular colour scheme and then say it's part of our core colours.

We can agree to disagree like, but I think we should always try and aim for that look we had in the 60s, that's a classic.

David_Silva.jpg

That's the image that comes to mind for me, when I think of a 'proper' Manchester City kit.

If I had my way we'd stick to that template every season.

Good post – the highlighted sentence is an important point, which I've raised myself a few times on here.
You constantly get people saying "Liverpool used to wear white shorts" or "United used to wear red socks" – this is true, but in the early 60's they found their kit and stuck with it without question. In fact that's the period most teams found their identity – we did too, but didn't stick to it!

The photo you added is indeed my personal favourite design for a City kit, yet when you look at it, maroon turnovers have been worn very few times in our history!

If clothes make the man, plenty of our fans are now shit outta luck?

These things do always look better on athletes, rather than the rotund, however.

They do indeed, but it's about more than that in my opinion – to me, this is far more important than changing the badge.

You can see what's going on here can't you?

The way Navy blue seems to be increasingly rammed down our throats as a core club colour, even being in the new crest. Increasingly being thrust into home kits.

Forget sky blue and white, it's all about CFG generic branding across the board.

Never mind almost 130 years of history, we must be in line with some tinpot club from the states that has only existed 5 minutes.

Great.

But Adidas do the NYCFC kit, so are we now suggesting that Nike and Adidas are working together to create this generic brand. I thought we liked Adidas, I'm confused now

But Adidas do the NYCFC kit, so are we now suggesting that Nike and Adidas are working together to create this generic brand. I thought we liked Adidas, I'm confused now

The NYCFC home kit is sky Blue and White - only the training kits and away kits contain navy blue.

I have absolutely no problem with navy blue being a secondary colour... as long as that's what it is, Sky blue and white must always be the primary colours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.