Next seasons home shirt (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
had a chance to create a stunner..
vapor-game-home_0.jpg

OVERALL that should be the colour theme of our kits. Sky blue shirt with white details, white shorts and sky blue socks (personally I could live with navy or white socks)

Gorgeous

If the new kit with navy sleeves came with white shorts and navy/dark socks, I think a majority of our fans would be very happy, BUT, it does not and looks shit

So, assuming the new shirt has navy sleeves, what colour long sleeve base layer vest (what do they call them things?) do they wear underneath?

So, assuming the new shirt has navy sleeves, what colour long sleeve base layer vest (what do they call them things?) do they wear underneath?
Based on the recent England matches the baselayer will match the body of the shirt, so it will be sky blue for us. Which seems stupid as I assume the long sleeve version of the short has full dark blue sleeves.

I know you're insistent on the Navy thing mate, but I don't agree.

Doesn't sit right with me. And as Garry James said, many of those examples of Navy socks come from black and white photos where they may well have been black.

Liverpool used to wear white shorts not even that long ago but from about the 60s on they stuck with a colour scheme of all red.

We need to do something similar IMO, not point to examples where we wore a particular colour scheme and then say it's part of our core colours.

We can agree to disagree like, but I think we should always try and aim for that look we had in the 60s, that's a classic.

David_Silva.jpg

That's the image that comes to mind for me, when I think of a 'proper' Manchester City kit.

If I had my way we'd stick to that template every season.

Given a choice, that is the colour scheme I would choose: it's what I grew up with. We don't get a choice to decide upfront but you can vote by choosing to buy or not. I only buy once in a blue moon anyway as I have stopped wearing them to games (and wouldn't wear one otherwise). However, getting a say was something I mentioned on the recent supporter survey I filled out.

Isn't JMW trying to start a petition? If people feel strongly enough, they need to get behind something like that.

I don't think we have yet seen a photo of the real thing but it seems pretty clear that dark sleeves are "in" this season and I can live with that as not being a variation too far, for one season. Someone mentioned that the shirt will probably look good with jeans and that will like as not please the marketers who drive these changes: they need to put enough differntiation into these shirts to make people need the latest one. I don't think clubs should change every shirt, every year (it used to be biannual) but money rules.

I just don't understand what the obsession is from Nike to give us always the colour navy on the shirt? Why can't it be white in some seasons, like we had in the past. Umbro and other brands did. Nike till now didn't. I hate to see Etihad and the brand logo in navy.

I don't actually think it's as bad as everyone is making out, not perfect by any stretch but there's been worse.

It would look a million times better with white shorts and navy socks however.

Just give us the possibility to design our own kits for the following seasons and make it a survey so people can vote on it. Nike are you reading this? You don't need to pay your own designers for making terrible kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.