Next seasons home shirt (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think this "matches or looks very good"?

0011bf2e.jpg

I respectfully disagree.

To me it matches perfectly, looks perfectly co-ordinated and looks like it has been created from scratch specifically for Manchester City and not for anyone else.

As I've said before, I'd be more than happy with sky blue shirt, white shorts and sky blue socks. That is still City to me. But navy blue socks would be my first choice.

i agree, that kit looks like a manchester city kit. i would just alternate the socks each year, sky blue, navy, maroon turnover

None of it is confirmed. Most is just educated guesses based on what we wore years later. Gary has confirmed that even he doesn't know for sure.

Seems likely they were black based on what other clubs were wearing and the availability at the time.

Personally happy for the socks to alternate between blue, white and navy, with the shirt all blue and the shorts being white.

there are people still alive who watched city in the 20s/30s saying surely they would be the proof we wore navy socks ?

I agree I grew up with navy socks as a staple of the kit, and to me theyshould be our sock colour of choice along with sky blue with white turnovers on either shade.

But navy is in no way our 3rd colour, maroon is, it as our away colour (with gold or white trim) from the late 20's onwards until mal decided to change it. But it has never left the club schemes, being reused again as an away, on merchandise, fans flags, etc.

I am not saying It should be on the home kit, but it needs to be broughy back in the fold properly again.

white socks are a big no for me

No problem with maroon being involved mate.

Particularly on away kits or on the turnovers of sky blue socks.

I'm talking specifically about the home kit.

Sky blue and white are our staples and should be included every single time. But navy blue trim or navy blue socks are very much part of our history and identity to me, it's not a new phenomenon introduced by Nike.

You don't think this "matches or looks very good"?

0011bf2e.jpg

I respectfully disagree.

To me it matches perfectly, looks perfectly co-ordinated and looks like it has been created from scratch specifically for Manchester City and not for anyone else.

As I've said before, I'd be more than happy with sky blue shirt, white shorts and sky blue socks. That is still City to me. But navy blue socks would be my first choice.

No, not overly keen on it. Slightly rescued by having darker trim on the shirt. If you want navy on the socks, you're pretty much going to have to have navy on the shirt. This season's home kit would have presented the perfect opportunity to bring back navy socks if they were wanted due to the amount of navy on the shirt.

I'm not too bothered by socks but would prefer light blue or some combination of light blue/white and/or maroon.

Anyway, doesn't look like we're going to be getting what either of us wanted.

Why don't people post in the previous seasons kit topics because it's exactly the same discussion over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again

No, not overly keen on it. Slightly rescued by having darker trim on the shirt. If you want navy on the socks, you're pretty much going to have to have navy on the shirt. This season's home kit would have presented the perfect opportunity to bring back navy socks if they were wanted due to the amount of navy on the shirt.

I'm not too bothered by socks but would prefer light blue or some combination of light blue/white and/or maroon.

Anyway, doesn't look like we're going to be getting what either of us wanted.

It's all down to personal taste I guess. I think the navy socks still look great when the shirt has got white trim.

Paul-Moulden-600x861.jpg

To be honest mate, the big one for me is white shorts. If we had white shorts I'm not overly fussed about the socks.

Sky blue shorts automatically make it a non-City kit to me. Just looks ridiculous. It's Coventry's colours and looks like pyjamas, not Manchester City.

I've just rang my old man up, he was born in 1930, I asked him what colour socks did City wear in your day, he just said he thinks they were dark blue but could of been black not to sure. " what you mithering about socks for" he said.

It's all down to personal taste I guess. I think the navy socks still look great when the shirt has got white trim.

Paul-Moulden-600x861.jpg

To be honest mate, the big one for me is white shorts. If we had white shorts I'm not overly fussed about the socks.

Sky blue shorts automatically make it a non-City kit to me. Just looks ridiculous. It's Coventry's colours and looks like pyjamas, not Manchester City.

Really don't like that one. Socks look more black on that.

As you said, shorts are more important and I'd always go with white. I wouldn't mind this years kit if it had white shorts. If for some reason we have to have blue shorts sometimes, then I'd prefer the same colour socks, not white.

Paul-Moulden-600x861.jpg

Away

$(KGrHqRHJEEFH,sK1ZMnBR-9LbbH1w~~60_1.JPG

3rd

mcfc-kit-away-1982-84-300x300.jpg

Flag

blue
white
maroon

Paul-Moulden-600x861.jpg

was just gonna post that, perfect example of a city home kit for me above is from a previous thread my choice of perfect kits

saying that I don't buy them anyway but want the team to look smart.

Last edited:
I've just rang my old man up, he was born in 1930, I asked him what colour socks did City wear in your day, he just said he thinks they were dark blue but could of been black not to sure. " what you mithering about socks for" he said.
Haha he would be correct we've got a right bunch of goks on here
The only reason some on here get so pissed off about a football kit is they usually dress in tescos finest or hand me downs scruffy fuckers and they look forward to wearing there nylon sports wear for Sunday best. Full kit wankers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.