Next seasons home shirt (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right about the navy being part of our kit from the outset - however it only ever appeared as the sock colour (not shirt trim) until 1989 when the collars were navy for the first time – and in total only 10 (including next seasons) kits have had navy trim out of 61. Personally I think the shirts should only ever have white trim, and navy socks would be a great nod to our history.
In regard to NYCFC - their home kit is skyblue and white, no navy... the away kit is navy and orange, and the badge contains navy and orange which is because of the City flag.

I prefer white trim myself mate.

Just winds me up when people say navy isn't a "City colour". It very much is, it's just some fans aren't fond of it so they've started spinning that line and it seems to have stuck.

Weirdly enough I'm watching the NYCFC game as we speak. Their sponsor, adidas logo and name and numbers are all in navy. Same as ours have been for the last 5 years. Same as ours were for most of the late 80s and 90s.

If you're trying to tell me that their navy trim is nothing to do with Manchester City and has only been included because the city of New York's flag has got some navy blue on it, I'm sorry, I'm going to have to completely disagree.

Just winds me up when people say navy isn't a "City colour". It very much is, it's just some fans aren't fond of it so they've started spinning that line and it seems to have stuck.

This.

During 15 year period between 1987 - 2003, all home SHIRTS had navy attachments.
The majority of these (especially the Brother shirts), are heavy favorites among fans.
Our last 3 home shirts have also all had navy inclusions.

Don't get me wrong, I have an intense dislike towards the new home shirt and the backhanded use of yet another awful Nike template.
There's just a lot being made of this navy business.

This.

During 15 year period between 1987 - 2003, all home SHIRTS had navy attachments.
The majority of these (especially the Brother shirts), are heavy favorites among fans.
Our last 3 home shirts have also all had navy inclusions.

Don't get me wrong, I have an intense dislike towards the new home shirt and the backhanded use of yet another awful Nike template.
There's just a lot being made of this navy business.

well I think it's partly due to navy being used as the main alternate colour instead of white on home kits, as well as the fact we've had very navy heavy away kits under Nike and the variety has been a bit lacking, so you can see what Nike/City are up to, and when it then turns up as the sleeve colour it starts to create a backlash to navy itself because it's just completely overused when it's only supposed to be a third colour, and alternate colour used mainly for flashes on the shirt, not swamping the thing.

well I think it's partly due to navy being used as the main alternate colour instead of white on home kits, as well as the fact we've had very navy heavy away kits under Nike and the variety has been a bit lacking, so you can see what Nike/City are up to, and when it then turns up as the sleeve colour it starts to create a backlash to navy itself because it's just completely overused when it's only supposed to be a third colour, and alternate colour used mainly for flashes on the shirt, not swamping the thing.

No, I completely agree.
The navy on this years apparent shirt is far too prominent and acts as a two tone shirt as opposed to Sky Blue based.
It is concerning that Nike view navy as having such a strong influence when it comes to kit designs but I was providing a counter-argument for those trying to flog navy as having NOTHING to do with City's heritage.

Like many others, I'm a big advocate of Sky Blue, White and Sky Blue with Maroon trim.
However, many seem to forget that the flirt with navy on home shirts came long before Nike.

13308545_1124843880913830_9007459946013263072_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.