Next seasons home shirt (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
had a chance to create a stunner..
vapor-game-home_0.jpg

This is the perfect kit. Just needs maroon on the socks. Really nice.

Sounds good mate.

I've just set up this survey so if we get a decent amount of responses, it's something solid to show to Nike that's easy for them to digest.

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/qeTSxWcx

I've just completed this. Good idea.
I can't see it making much difference to this kit, however, maybe they'll take on board that some fans do care about our colours staying traditional, for future strips.

The hysteria on this is so ott, sure I'd agree, I'd sooner see white trim white writing/sponser, white shorts even maroon turnovers on the socks but fuck me, its a kit. If they didn't make significant changes, we'd be running out in the same strip year on year, unfortunately that's not commercially viable in this day and age. At least the main body is City blue, NOT laser blue If you don't like it, don't get it, end of. some people really need to give their fannies a wipe.

Not a fan of this leaked new kit at all, but the top is still predominantly sky blue. We've had seasons when we haven't had sky blue at all, what with both Kappa and LeCoqSportif designing "laser" blue tops for us, which is a far bigger travesty than this in my opinion.

To be honest as long we are winning in it, I couldn't really care less and as long as it's not a case of us abandoning our traditions all together, then we've just got to suck it up for a season. It's not like this is the first time we've had a shitty kit and I'm sure it'll return to a more traditional style and colour next season.

I'm sorry but the new kit is shite (if it's real). Frankly unless they start to put the full kits together in an 80s umbro box, and Santa puts it under my mum n dads tree, with shitty garlands draping from the ceiling, then I can't get excited by the thought of a new kit, especially a shit one.

The hysteria on this is so ott, sure I'd agree, I'd sooner see white trim white writing/sponser, white shorts even maroon turnovers on the socks but fuck me, its a kit. If they didn't make significant changes, we'd be running out in the same strip year on year, unfortunately that's not commercially viable in this day and age. At least the main body is City blue, NOT laser blue If you don't like it, don't get it, end of. some people really need to give their fannies a wipe.

I dont get this 'if we don't change it, no one will buy it' seems kits are mainly bought for kids, well kids grow so need replacements kits most years of at least every 2, which is exactly what the life span of a kit was up until the late 90's, even adults who buy them change in size. Minor tweaks, yeah I can see the point, but overhauling a core design every season is unecessary. I bought the first umbro kits from our re use of them and they are now a bit faded and stretched, so if I wanted a shirt to wear and look at next years I would go without, but ulif it was still those designs or tweaks on it I would probably buy one.

In the end of the day in the big scheme of things it's not worth having a hissy fit, but it is understandable people want to object over it's shiteness.

Last edited:

I dont get this 'if we don't change it, no one will buy it' seems kits are mainly bought for kids, well kids grow so need replacements kits most years of at least every 2, which is exactly what the life span of a kit was up until the late 90's, even adults who buy them change in size. Minor tweaks, yeah I can see the point, but overhauling a core design every season is unecessary. I bought the first umbro kits from our re use of them and they are now a bit faded and stretched, so if I wanted a shirt to wear and look at next years I would go without, but ulif it was still those designs or tweaks on it I would probably buy one.

In the end of the day in the big scheme of things it's not worth having a hissy fit, but it is understandable people want to object over it's shiteness.

Point is that two years ago there was a back lash on the all dusty blue with navy kit that had no white at all. Then the next but one season we have another shambolic kit.
Unless we vociferously petition the club to really make our feelings known, who knows what we're going to end up with in future years
As I posted earlier in the thread it could be blue and white stripes, or even worse, sky blue and navy stripes
You may say "don't be daft" but which of us would have foreseen a kit with no white or one with navy sleeves sky shorts and white socks!

I've just sussed it.

The kit has been made deliberately shit to see who wants to sign for us for the right reasons.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.