Next seasons home shirt (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no strong feelings about kits really, I stopped buying them years ago.

But it is strange that the club would make such an effort to ensure the new badge was historically relevant to the heritage of the club and Manchester as a whole, yet fail to apply the same criteria when it came to the creation of the shirt it would be debuting on.

Oh well, as long as we win the title wearing it I won't mind very much.

Not a popular opinion I'm sure but I don't hate it. I've gotten every shirt back to about '03 and there are at least 4 in my closet that I like much less.

That said, it would obviously rank bottom third for me over that time. More or less just because of the sleeves.

Still, I watch the Euros and see every other club jammed into the crap Nike template. So it doesn't seem to me like they are picking on us and messing about with our identity any more than they are doing for all those national teams and surely several dozen club teams this coming season.

I'm assuming that the club has a power of veto on any design put to them. If that is the case, who at the club would give that kit the go ahead? It's gruesome.

Not sure that's the case for the millions a year deal we get with them. I imagine the contract is the range of colours they can use, hence why Nike get away with this monstrosity!

I don't like it, but I think it will look better in person (its still shit).

This was a HUGE opportunity for us as a club (New badge, Pep coming, new era) and Nike fucks it up with this plain looking shit, its a shame really.

Everyone who approved this needs to get their eyes checked.

We really need to change sponsors ASAP

Not sure that's the case for the millions a year deal we get with them. I imagine the contract is the range of colours they can use, hence why Nike get away with this monstrosity!

They gave the rags more money, yet never fucked around with their kit – always red shirts, white shorts and black socks – is it too much to ask to expect the same level of respect for our club and our kit?

I hope hat not one single fan buys it, the club gets a lot right but someone should be sacked for allowing Nike to give two fingers to our heritage .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.