NFL 2014

jay_mcfc said:
Anyone who thinks the Premier League is corrupt needs to watch the officials when one of the NFL's star players is playing. Every single time the Chargers go up against Peyton, Brees, Brady etc you can guarantee we will be cheated in one way or another

I have to say that I agree with you- obviously I do not agree that the Chargers are particularly targeted but that the referees are completely inept and boarderline corrupt when it comes to calling plays. But everyone has just accepted it as the norm and part of the game but the unfortunate reality is that games are not for the most part decided on offense or defense or special teams, games are decided by referees' decisions to throw a yellow flag when something tickles their sentiments, with a foul on a play being the least incentive or reason in my opinion. They just throw the flag when they feel like and it is certainly not outrageous to suggest that emotions and bias has a part to play.

For a game that involves a lot of physicality,an umpire can basically throw a flag for every play as there is almost always shoving, pushing, grabbing face masks and some sort of illegal interference in every play. The lame duck commisioner Godell who has spent most of his time concocting rules to protect quarter backs and make the game more of a passing one so that it fits into the media agenda and narrative about the roles and importance of the quarter backs, should really grow some and muster the integrity and courage to actually acknowledge that this is just wrong and the rules has to be changed in order to minimize the influence of referees in ball games.

Your suggestion that the so called elite quarter backs like Brady and Manning tend to get favorable calls on offense when they play is also valid in my opinion and based on what I have observed and that ties into the whole problem in the NFL.

Believe me when I say that I can write a book about the flaws of the national football league and it is such a shame that most of the masses and the media do not want to acknowledge this and fight for change and fairness. As long as we get our dose of some football every week and the them cowboys are winning, lol, then every one is happy, unless their team loses of course then some may then have the reason to blame the referees.

As for the Chargers today, they stunk the joint, simple as. referees or not, they were just awful and for a top ranked quarter back in Rivers to score -2.8 points in fantasy just shows how bad they were. Credit to the Dolphins, they have sort of gone under the radar but they are strong at home and have a menacing secondary on defense. They beat the Patriots earlier in the season and they made the bears looks like a high school football team a few weeks ago. The dolphins are a good football team and the Chargers, well, like them Cowboys, you can always predict that the bubble is eventually going to burst.

Blueband Brother said:
jay_mcfc said:
Anyone who thinks the Premier League is corrupt needs to watch the officials when one of the NFL's star players is playing. Every single time the Chargers go up against Peyton, Brees, Brady etc you can guarantee we will be cheated in one way or another

I have to say that I agree with you- obviously I do not agree that the Chargers are particularly targeted but that the referees are completely inept and boarderline corrupt when it comes to calling plays. But everyone has just accepted it as the norm and part of the game but the unfortunate reality is that games are not for the most part decided on offense or defense or special teams, games are decided by referees' decisions to throw a yellow flag when something tickles their sentiments, with a foul on a play being the least incentive or reason in my opinion. They just throw the flag when they feel like and it is certainly not outrageous to suggest that emotions and bias has a part to play.

For a game that involves a lot of physicality,an umpire can basically throw a flag for every play as there is almost always shoving, pushing, grabbing face masks and some sort of illegal interference in every play. The lame duck commisioner Godell who has spent most of his time concocting rules to protect quarter backs and make the game more of a passing one so that it fits into the media agenda and narrative about the roles and importance of the quarter backs, should really grow some and muster the integrity and courage to actually acknowledge that this is just wrong and the rules has to be changed in order to minimize the influence of referees in ball games.

Your suggestion that the so called elite quarter backs like Brady and Manning tend to get favorable calls on offense when they play is also valid in my opinion and based on what I have observed and that ties into the whole problem in the NFL.

Believe me when I say that I can write a book about the flaws of the national football league and it is such a shame that most of the masses and the media do not want to acknowledge this and fight for change and fairness. As long as we get our dose of some football every week and the them cowboys are winning, lol, then every one is happy, unless their team loses of course then some may then have the reason to blame the referees.

As for the Chargers today, they stunk the joint, simple as. referees or not, they were just awful and for a top ranked quarter back in Rivers to score -2.8 points in fantasy just shows how bad they were. Credit to the Dolphins, they have sort of gone under the radar but they are strong at home and have a menacing secondary on defense. They beat the Patriots earlier in the season and they made the bears looks like a high school football team a few weeks ago. The dolphins are a good football team and the Chargers, well, like them Cowboys, you can always predict that the bubble is eventually going to burst.

An excellent post. The thing that annoyed me about some of the Chargers decisions this season is that they have been after television replays, resulting in apologies from the NFL. Other than that, there is literally a foul on every single play but they just call what they want to. There was a holding call on our centre as we were driving towards the red zone on our first drive yesterday that was bullshit and happens on every play. It in no way excuses our performance, which was dreadful, but it was a typical happening in the NFL.

I can't be too hard on the Chargers though, when we had a healthy team at the start of the season we looked very good but injuries have crippled us.

It doesn't matter which country or which sport, fans everywhere are convinced the authorities and officials are corrupt.

The weird thing is not a single fan anywhere, thinks they are corrupt to benefit their team.

Raiders are an embarrassment and have been for some time unfortunately.

The Raiders through a stupid amount of money at past it free agents this off season. Money that is wasted tbh. But with Carr they actually have a chance of building something and James Jones is a good receiver too. I hope Vincent Brown gets a good shot at it because he was great his rookie season.

In terms of Chergers injuries, we're down to RB no.4 and we've played our no.4 centre too. We're decimated and we never had the roster to deal with it. Thankfully it's our bye week this week so hopefully we get get Mathews, Ingram, Te'o, Verrett, Flowers and Ohrnberger back fully fit in a fortnight. Still, with the emergence of the Dolphins and Steelers and our last 5 games being ridiculous we have very little chance of making the playoffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.