NFL 2020-2021 Season.

Who do you want to win Super Bowl 2021?

• Total voters

Gareth Barry Conlon

Kicks off today.

On field - it should be a great season. The Patriots era looks to be over - they have picked up Cam Newton who i really like but no one likes the pats. They might struggle. The Chiefs sneaked up on everyone last year - can they do it again now everyone knows how good they are? Joe Burrow at Cincinnati will be very interesting. Ravens will be good again - meaning one of my teams the Steelers might be in a tough divison (with the Ravens, Browns and Cincinnati). I also follow the Packers and they have a question mark at QB having picked up Jordan Love in the draft - but I think Rodgers will take it the right way and he should lead them into the play offs - this could be his last chance.

Off the field - or on the sideline as the national anthem plays expect a response - and expect Trump and the right wing nutters to go nuts. And of course Covid - 53 man roster with coaches for each position and additional practice squad players - all in a bubble?

My Predictions:

AFC winners - Chiefs to beat Ravens
NFC winners - 49ers to beat Saints (The NFC looks much weaker than the AFC - this could go many ways)

Superbowl - Chiefs.

I'm slightly optimistic on the Lions as they had a very good draft for once and added some essential pieces. That being said, any improvement on the Lions isn't hard, probably another 3-13 season coming up.

As a Pats fan (booooo!) I'm intrigued though worried with what this season will bring.

Cam could be a masterstroke bit of business by BB if he can rediscover the levels of 4/5 seasons ago, and I think with Josh McDaniels they will find ways of helping him to succeed but I do worry greatly about our WR depth for this year.

We enter the season with Julian Edelman who at 34 is losing his short area quickness and is pretty banged up. N'Keal Harry needs to make a 2nd year leap but from what I've seen of him I just don't think he has the outright speed or route running ability to seperate from defenders. After those two it's a crapshoot who will make plays. Marqise Lee is another who has had good numbers in the past but has been hobbled by injury and Demiere Byrd is a speedster who showed flashes with Kyler Murray at Arizona but was not kept on.

We have two rookie Tight Ends in Asiasi and Keene, Asiasi has been looking good in camp and I thought Keene had a quietly impressive day at the combine and I was pleased we drafted him, though round 3 may have been a bit of a reach for both. We've also got an unsettled situation at Kicker after BB decided to release both Folk and Rohrwasser on cut down day, though both are currently sat in the practice squad with Folk most likely to be given the call up for week 1.

It sure is going to be interesting watching them this year to see how they cope post Brady, and I'll be keeping my eye on the Bucs too because their roster is absolutely loaded and should be in the mix come January.

Excited for the season and can't wait for Sunday!

Channel 5 are airing Monday Night Football this season (and the next 2, IIRC)
That's great for anyone who is up at 1 in the morning...

I often record them via Sky - however almost all the games are on the NFL youtube channel and they edit out everything but the plays. Its almost worth waiting for the you tube full game as it will save you an hour of your life.

That's great for anyone who is up at 1 in the morning...

I often record them via Sky - however almost all the games are on the NFL youtube channel and they edit out everything but the plays. Its almost worth waiting for the you tube full game as it will save you an hour of your life.
I never really stay up that late for a game and normally record it or wait for the kyy 1 hour replay in the morning. For me though the highlight of anything NFL is redzone coverage, that really is what makes NFL coverage second to none.

As a Pats fan (booooo!) I'm intrigued though worried with what this season will bring.

Cam could be a masterstroke bit of business by BB if he can rediscover the levels of 4/5 seasons ago, and I think with Josh McDaniels they will find ways of helping him to succeed but I do worry greatly about our WR depth for this year.

We enter the season with Julian Edelman who at 34 is losing his short area quickness and is pretty banged up. N'Keal Harry needs to make a 2nd year leap but from what I've seen of him I just don't think he has the outright speed or route running ability to seperate from defenders. After those two it's a crapshoot who will make plays. Marqise Lee is another who has had good numbers in the past but has been hobbled by injury and Demiere Byrd is a speedster who showed flashes with Kyler Murray at Arizona but was not kept on.

We have two rookie Tight Ends in Asiasi and Keene, Asiasi has been looking good in camp and I thought Keene had a quietly impressive day at the combine and I was pleased we drafted him, though round 3 may have been a bit of a reach for both. We've also got an unsettled situation at Kicker after BB decided to release both Folk and Rohrwasser on cut down day, though both are currently sat in the practice squad with Folk most likely to be given the call up for week 1.

It sure is going to be interesting watching them this year to see how they cope post Brady, and I'll be keeping my eye on the Bucs too because their roster is absolutely loaded and should be in the mix come January.

Excited for the season and can't wait for Sunday!

Only teams i dislike are the Pats and Bucs. Brady moving to the Bucs means I really dislike the Bucks.

Although they ruined my accumulator several times last year, I'm expecting the Browns and the Cowboys will be interesting to watch this year.

Not entirely sure how the Chiefs have been able to afford to keep all their stars, but can't see past them for the Superbowl.

Chicago for yet another transition season. Haven’t won an opening game in six years so at the Lions looks losable already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.