NFL 2023-24

Have you seen the cost of the cheapest FACE VALUE tickets for the game? $2000! And even at that price, the so called average Joe has precious little chance of getting his/her hands on a ticket is remote. I'd love to know how they can possibly justify those prices. It makes club Wembley seats seem like seats in the Gene Kelly stand at Maine Road.

My childhood team, The Raiders, still suck. Worse still, they moved from Oakland to LA to Oakland to Los Vegas - no loyalty to their original fan base, Oakland, at all. And their departed owner, Al - "Just Win Baby" - Davis, post-success in LA, is likely the worst owner of a professional sport franchise in the last 5 decades or so.

Davis was enamored of fast one-on-one cover cornerbacks, speedy receivers, and quarterbacks who could throw the ball as far as humanly possible. What followed was a series of disastrous recruiting seasons in which inept fast cornerbacks, terrible speedy receivers, and inaccurate but throw-it-a-mile quarterbacks were drafted.

Into the mix - Gruden. A charismatic up-and-coming coach, let go by Davis because Gruden had too much spotlight. Later, Gruden was rehired - turns out he's a racist and was let go because of this.

The Gruden fiasco mirrors the Raider's on field performance for the past 40+ years - but as bad as the Gruden episode was, team performance was somehow even worse. The Raiders transformed from "Just Win Baby" to "Please Dear God, Just Win One Game Baby".

I gave up watching US football some 10 years+ ago because of this and don't miss it at all.
I haven’t really “watched” football in almost 25 years. Never cottoned to the college game ever; liked the NFL but the three-and-a-half hours it took per game killed it for me once I had kids. I grew up a Niners fan and they’ve been good to great for much of my life but even now I can’t find it in myself to really care. I watched more playoff games this year than in a long time just because I have a company I work with who’s associated with the NFL, and I’ll watch on and off today — but man the stop and start nature of it is such a drag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.