NFL 2024-25

After the past two weekends, it is clear COLLEGE Football is where it’s at this year…and every year!!!

However, GO BEARS!! ;-)

Yeah, the NCAA Football has been great this season with Alabama getting beaten by Vanderbilt, Alabama v Georgia, Oregon v Ohio and Michigan getting beaten regularly :) I get to watch/scan a handful of games on my phone when the girls watch Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday evenings.

I cannot decide on one team to support as I just cannot develop a proper affinity to a single college team (with the Browns it was because of the parallels to City). My favourite teams are North Carolina (best kit in American football - you should all take a look), Oregon (like the place and the kit) and Ohio State (I support Cleveland teams and they are the nearest major college team to Cleveland - Youngstown, Akron and Kent State don't count).

Yeah, the NCAA Football has been great this season with Alabama getting beaten by Vanderbilt, Alabama v Georgia, Oregon v Ohio and Michigan getting beaten regularly :) I get to watch/scan a handful of games on my phone when the girls watch Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday evenings.

I cannot decide on one team to support as I just cannot develop a proper affinity to a single college team (with the Browns it was because of the parallels to City). My favourite teams are North Carolina (best kit in American football - you should all take a look), Oregon (like the place and the kit) and Ohio State (I support Cleveland teams and they are the nearest major college team to Cleveland - Youngstown, Akron and Kent State don't count).

Long suffering Miami Dolphins fan here, so naturally I've tried to get my American football fix elsewhere and for a period got into college football. Used to follow Michigan until I discovered Tom Brady played for them. He's far more likeable now he's retired & reluctantly I would call him the GOAT. Bloke just knew how to win big games. All you NFL fans out there would recommend watching the Roast of Tom Brady on Netflix - no holds bar pisstake out of Brady who takes the jokes quite well, of course all rather Americanised though.

Ended up following the LSU Tigers remarkable season 2019/20 & the emergence of Joe Burrow, Jamarr Chase & Justin Jefferson all of whom are now superstars in the NFL. Must be something in the water down in Louisiana as now Jayden Daniels seems to be a star in the making for the Washington Commanders.

For most people, it’s where they went to school or another team they admire…albeit they cannot be a direct rival of your Alma mater!

My kids went to the University of Illinois, who are actually ranked this year!!!

Anyway, as a mere observer without a team, I find the atmosphere, the lack of showboating and the chance of an upset to be very attractive in the college game.

With the expanded BCS this year, some colleges will get a “second chance,” as one bad game and a loss will not tank their season, so there’s still a lot to play for!

This is, by far, the best time of year for outdoor sports fans! Baseball playoffs, College football in full swing, NFL teams starting to sort themselves out and soccer season (and tournaments) underway. Throw in the late summer-Fall weather we’ve been having and it has been a banner year so far!!

Long suffering Miami Dolphins fan here, so naturally I've tried to get my American football fix elsewhere and for a period got into college football. Used to follow Michigan until I discovered Tom Brady played for them. He's far more likeable now he's retired & reluctantly I would call him the GOAT. Bloke just knew how to win big games. All you NFL fans out there would recommend watching the Roast of Tom Brady on Netflix - no holds bar pisstake out of Brady who takes the jokes quite well, of course all rather Americanised though.

Ended up following the LSU Tigers remarkable season 2019/20 & the emergence of Joe Burrow, Jamarr Chase & Justin Jefferson all of whom are now superstars in the NFL. Must be something in the water down in Louisiana as now Jayden Daniels seems to be a star in the making for the Washington Commanders.

That LSU team was really good. The Browns got three players in the draft from the Burrow led team. Only one turned out to be NFL starter level though.

Not watched the Brady programme but I will now. I have watched the Quarterback series on Netflix and the Manning Family doc on Disney Plus. Both are a decent watch.

Tom Brady played for them. He's far more likeable now he's retired & reluctantly I would call him the GOAT. Bloke just knew how to win big games. All you NFL fans out there would recommend watching the Roast of Tom Brady on Netflix - no holds bar pisstake out of Brady who takes the jokes quite well, of course all rather Americanised though.
Watch out for Nikki Glaser if you watch the Roast! “No holds barred” accurately describes her set!!!

For most people, it’s where they went to school or another team they admire…albeit they cannot be a direct rival of your Alma mater!

My kids went to the University of Illinois, who are actually ranked this year!!!

Anyway, as a mere observer without a team, I find the atmosphere, the lack of showboating and the chance of an upset to be very attractive in the college game.

With the expanded BCS this year, some colleges will get a “second chance,” as one bad game and a loss will not tank their season, so there’s still a lot to play for!

This is, by far, the best time of year for outdoor sports fans! Baseball playoffs, College football in full swing, NFL teams starting to sort themselves out and soccer season (and tournaments) underway. Throw in the late summer-Fall weather we’ve been having and it has been a banner year so far!!
This is so true!! What a great time of year!! I used to be away in October as that’s when I could hold vacation st work and it’s usually much easier getting on airplanes for space available travel.

I have vacation most of October but we didn’t have anything going on so we are at home. It’s glorious. Working some on vacation so not only do I get paid vacation I get paid the hours I work so my November overtime check will be quite nice.

The weather is superb and so much sports to watch. It’s great having the Mets advance otherwise I wouldn’t be paying that much attention to the baseball.

College football/ sports isn’t a big thing in the new York area where I grew up because of the plethora of pro teams but I always had a soft spot for the us military academy or Army at West Point aka the Black Knights of the Hudson. Went to a few games there growing up and it’s magical. It’s a super day out. This season they are undefeated and ranked as well. It would be great to see army and navy undefeated with the winner of that game getting a spot in the 12 team playoff. They always play the last regular season game of the season at the beginning of December. It’s quite the spectacle.

Even when one team or both teams suck I love watching that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.