NFL Football

As a Bills fan, that was a tough result to take..... reminded me of watching City in the 90s!

Played really well for the first 2/3rds of the game, but 3 field goals after the opening TD was not a good enough return. Although a disappointing end to the season, forgetting the dead rubber v Jets in week 17, they gave themselves a sniff of victory in every game. Allen still has some flaws but is improving, so hopefully another competitive year to come. Schedule looks much harder next year though, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams and Chiefs to play.

I missed the kickoff to the 2nd half (Texans received), and heard the player caught the ball in the end zone, didn't kneel or declare a 'fair catch' and then tossed the ball to the referee who left the ball..... Bills player then recovered the ball for a TD. Not sure if the play was reviewed or anything, but some people suggested the TD should have stood. Anyone see it live?

As a Bills fan, that was a tough result to take..... reminded me of watching City in the 90s!

Played really well for the first 2/3rds of the game, but 3 field goals after the opening TD was not a good enough return. Although a disappointing end to the season, forgetting the dead rubber v Jets in week 17, they gave themselves a sniff of victory in every game. Allen still has some flaws but is improving, so hopefully another competitive year to come. Schedule looks much harder next year though, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams and Chiefs to play.

I missed the kickoff to the 2nd half (Texans received), and heard the player caught the ball in the end zone, didn't kneel or declare a 'fair catch' and then tossed the ball to the referee who left the ball..... Bills player then recovered the ball for a TD. Not sure if the play was reviewed or anything, but some people suggested the TD should have stood. Anyone see it live?

Saw it live, It looks like he gave the signal that he would not be returning the football but then didn't take a knee. The TD was given but then the refs got together and reversed the decision. I would say the correct decision was made as he had no intention of returning the ball, however, he could have been clearer with his signal.

Saw it live, It looks like he gave the signal that he would not be returning the football but then didn't take a knee. The TD was given but then the refs got together and reversed the decision. I would say the correct decision was made as he had no intention of returning the ball, however, he could have been clearer with his signal.

Supposedly the rule states that 'falling to the ground, or kneeling, AND clearly making no immediate effort to advance', so as much as he had no intention of returning the ball, he didn't follow the rule correctly. Having read a bit more about it, they gave the TD on the field, but it was then overturned. Frustrating, and the Texans should have been called on a delay of game on one of the last plays that secured the victory.

Last edited:
Supposedly the rule states that you have to take a knee, so as much as he had no intention of returning the ball, he didn't follow the rule correctly. Having read a bit more about it, they gave the TD on the field, but it was then overturned. Frustrating, and the Texans should have been called on a delay of game on one of the last plays that secured the victory.

A couple of decisions went against the Bills but really there own shortcomings cost them the game. Missed tackles, missed assignments etc, things that have lead to them having a good season. On a positive note that Singletary looks a very good player and someone who can take the pressure off Allen.

A couple of decisions went against the Bills but really there own shortcomings cost them the game. Missed tackles, missed assignments etc, things that have lead to them having a good season. On a positive note that Singletary looks a very good player and someone who can take the pressure off Allen.

Don't get me wrong, Buffalo made some bad plays and lost momentum, but a couple of bad decisions compounded that. The 'blindside tackle' that was called just as Buffalo got to Field goal range in overtime also looked dubious. He was looking right at him!

Don't get me wrong, Buffalo made some bad plays and lost momentum, but a couple of bad decisions compounded that. The 'blindside tackle' that was called just as Buffalo got to Field goal range in overtime also looked dubious. He was looking right at him!

I noticed that one, often I put these things down to my lack of knowledge (ineligible receivers, block in the backfield, etc), but that one made me think wtf, I really don't know the rules!

Don't want to start a new thread so add who you predict to make the superbowl and the winner to your posts.
Ravens vs 49er's
Ravens win, 30-20

It's fairly wide open. I think the Chiefs might do the 9ers. The 9ers have lost a number of close games and I think the Chiefs could get it done if there is one score in it in the 4th qter.

Hard to look past the Ravens on the other side but Packers have been quietly building this season. I'm expecting a close Packers / Ravens game and whoever wins that I think wins the Superbowl. As a cheese head i'm hoping Packers (but if i was betting hard cash i'd go Ravens). So Ravens to best Chiefs in the Superbowl (that would be a class game as well with 2 great dual threat QBs).

It's fairly wide open. I think the Chiefs might do the 9ers. The 9ers have lost a number of close games and I think the Chiefs could get it done if there is one score in it in the 4th qter.

Hard to look past the Ravens on the other side but Packers have been quietly building this season. I'm expecting a close Packers / Ravens game and whoever wins that I think wins the Superbowl. As a cheese head i'm hoping Packers (but if i was betting hard cash i'd go Ravens). So Ravens to best Chiefs in the Superbowl (that would be a class game as well with 2 great dual threat QBs).

Ravens and Chiefs can't meet in the SB, they're both in the AFC so if they both win their next game, will meet in the AFC championship game.

Personally, I can't see past any of the seeds in the divisional round, I think Chiefs/Ravens and 49ers all go through fairly easily, with the Seahawks/Packers being the only one that could go either way.

Ravens and Chiefs can't meet in the SB, they're both in the AFC so if they both win their next game, will meet in the AFC championship game.

Personally, I can't see past any of the seeds in the divisional round, I think Chiefs/Ravens and 49ers all go through fairly easily, with the Seahawks/Packers being the only one that could go either way.

Your right - I'm saying the winner of Ravens v Chiefs (Ravens win) beating the winner of 9ers v Green Bay (9ers).

Supposedly the rule states that 'falling to the ground, or kneeling, AND clearly making no immediate effort to advance', so as much as he had no intention of returning the ball, he didn't follow the rule correctly. Having read a bit more about it, they gave the TD on the field, but it was then overturned. Frustrating, and the Texans should have been called on a delay of game on one of the last plays that secured the victory.

The Bills were hard done by that call. The original ruling should have stood. I was watching with two mates, we've all played the game extensively, and know the rules. Obviously, we aren't pros but from the moment it happened we thought the kick returner just fucked it up and the Bills capitalized.

Until the second half, Buffalo looked a team that could challenge either KC or Baltimore. Then the wheels totally came off. Allen played very well in the first half and not well in the second. Credit to DeShaun Watson of the Texans too. His first half was terrible. He played like a total Superstar in the second.

There was one play, Buffalo had him dead rights in the backfield. He slipped two tackles and took off like a lightening bolt! We were all like, "How the fuck did he just manage that?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.