NFL Football

The NFL Draft is underway! Overnight we had the entire First Round, held virtually throughout the United States.

No surprise that the Bengals selected QB Joe Burrow with the no. 1 pick, nor that the Redskins and Lions chose DE Chase Young and CB Jeff Okudah - both from Ohio State.

One of the most interesting stories is that the Packers traded up in the late-first round (30th to 26th), in order to select QB Jordan Love from Utah State. Love is a quarterback with a great potential, if some flaws, that seemingly needs to sit behind an experienced veteran for a few years to learn his trade in the league. Obviously, Love has that situation with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Shades of when Green Bay had Rodgers sit behind Brett Favre in 2005.

The NFL Draft is underway! Overnight we had the entire First Round, held virtually throughout the United States.

No surprise that the Bengals selected QB Joe Burrow with the no. 1 pick, nor that the Redskins and Lions chose DE Chase Young and CB Jeff Okudah - both from Ohio State.

One of the most interesting stories is that the Packers traded up in the late-first round (30th to 26th), in order to select QB Jordan Love from Utah State. Love is a quarterback with a great potential, if some flaws, that seemingly needs to sit behind an experienced veteran for a few years to learn his trade in the league. Obviously, Love has that situation with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Shades of when Green Bay had Rodgers sit behind Brett Favre in 2005.

I didn't now it had started.

Rodgers was famously overlooked for first pick and dropped way down before GB took him. I haven't seen much of Jordan Love. I will have to get on you tube.

I didn't now it had started.

Rodgers was famously overlooked for first pick and dropped way down before GB took him. I haven't seen much of Jordan Love. I will have to get on you tube.
For that reason I think this scenario is a tad different. Rodgers had evidently fallen in the draft, Love was always predicted to go mid-to-late first round. I'm a Packers fan myself, so this is an interesting one. I have seen comparisons that he is an uncut diamond heading out of Utah; much the same as Mahomes was.

Hoping for a great draft by Oakland / LA / Las Vegas. A 7 - 9 or 8 - 8 season would be real progress for Gruden in his crucial 3rd year. Strongly suspect KC will be there or thereabouts again tho as Mahomes is on another planet in terms of QB.

Some odd picks. Everyone in KC division picked offensive players I think, which presumably is an admission they can't stop them so are going to try and outscore them.

That GB selection is bizarre with Rodgers having 4 years left on his contract, especially moving up to do so. They weren't far off last year either, should have got Rodgers a weapon or gotten a defensive player to help them stop the run.

Some odd picks. Everyone in KC division picked offensive players I think, which presumably is an admission they can't stop them so are going to try and outscore them.

That GB selection is bizarre with Rodgers having 4 years left on his contract, especially moving up to do so. They weren't far off last year either, should have got Rodgers a weapon or gotten a defensive player to help them stop the run.

I tend to think the smart money in a draft is always to pick line men or defensive backs - especially if you are down in the 20's for your pick. These are the players that burn out but you are only ever as good as your worst defender or your worst O line guy, any weakness in these positions and you are going to get found out over a season. That is maybe not what the fans want, they want the fastest receiver or next great QB but the value in the draft has to be improving the O line or defence.

Happy with our pick at #16 in Terrell. He's not the flashy name that Youtube connoisseurs will have researched but he's ahead of Henderson in my own personal opinion.

Hoping for Winfield Jnr to drop to #47, failing that I'd take the project of Delpit over passrush but that would be the fallback area to address should they both be gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.