NFL Football

;) Don't worry, "America's Team" being given the Rags treatment amongst the fanbases has warned me off them.

I'm leaning more towards the Giants for some reason. Can't explain why.

What's attracting you to the Giants? They're a mess of a franchise. I can understand the Vikings, as I have Scandinavian parents and I have family in Minnesota, so I considered them for a while but my heart sort of just went with Drew Brees.

I would personally recommend the Saints though :)

Last edited:
NHL is the greatest team game on Earth.

Shits all over anything for fan experience and input, including football

I got into hockey a couple of years ago and a mate of mine, a Habs fan, converted me. I watch it regularly (1-2 games every 10 games, can't be arsed tuning in for 82 games), but they've only made the playoffs in 2 of the 5 years I've been following them.

It's genuinely a thrilling sport to watch. I'm vacationing in Canada this winter and I plan on going to as many games as we can fit in.

Last edited:
What's attracting you to the Giants? They're a mess of a franchise. I can understand the Vikings, as I have Scandinavian parents and I have family in Minnesota.

I would personally recommend the Saints though :)
Just that they've been on TV more often than not so I at least get to catch them on TV more than most other teams (besides the Patriots), and that I like NYC but other than that, nothing much. Despite seeing the Pats most often and reaching/winning the Super Bowl, i've never really warmed to them, but the Giants just seem like a "great, former dynasty" that's down on it's luck (don't judge me...)

With the Vikings it's because I too have scandinavian ancestry and I like their attacking style. I'll consider the Saints as the season plays out. As I say, i've been more in tuned with this season than any other.

Just that they've been on TV more often than not so I at least get to catch them on TV more than most other teams (besides the Patriots), and that I like NYC but other than that, nothing much. Despite seeing the Pats most often and reaching/winning the Super Bowl, i've never really warmed to them, but the Giants just seem like a "great, former dynasty" that's down on it's luck (don't judge me...)

With the Vikings it's because I too have scandinavian ancestry and I like their attacking style. I'll consider the Saints as the season plays out. As I say, i've been more in tuned with this season than any other.
I like the Giants too, the wife's family are all New Yorkers.I Keep an eye on the Browns because they remind me of City back in the day, great support, shit team but follow the Seahawks from a more regional perspective. The Bronco's would be my nearest team but just can't do it

Fair enough, the Giants just kind of remind me of Liverpool in a way. Giant franchise who you're almost forced to take pity on because of the sorry state they find themselves in, but their fanbase is almost guaranteed to be unbearable if they ever become a Super Bowl caliber team agajn. Kind of like Cowboys in a way.

The teams I have warmed to, Saints aside, just by watching the sport are Vikings, Packers, Jaguars and 49ers.

I like the Giants too, the wife's family are all New Yorkers.I Keep an eye on the Browns because they remind me of City back in the day, great support, shit team but follow the Seahawks from a more regional perspective. The Bronco's would be my nearest team but just can't do it
I blame the Simpsons for creating the impression that the Broncos are beyond awful.

I think i'm going to keep an eye on the Giants, the Panthers and the Vikings, and see which one I get more exhalted/pissed off at. But I welcome all suggestions as I'm really finding that i'm enjoying the sport more and more with every passing year and really want to get more involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.