NFL Playoffs

AntiUnited said:
Like i said Wilson is the best Rookie Qb this year. Shame that happened to RG3. And actually what usually happens is the player will say hes fit and ready to play regardless of the injury so the coach does not really know if hes fully fit ( even though rg3 was still limping in the previous games). Not to mention the media pressure rg3 was putting shanahan through saying he was disappointed being benched vrs the browns bla bla. remember when cutler got a nasty fingure injury and left the playoff game half way thought he was slated by the media for being a coward and other stuff.

-- Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:24 am --

MCFC1993 said:
jay_mcfc said:
I love me some Russell Wilson. Think they'll trade him for Rivers? He is one tough cookie

Haha I dont think anyone will chance it with Rivers, looks like a world beater one week the next it looks like he's been pulled off of the street to play.

Hes been awful the pass 2 seasons its like hes looking to throw Int's rather then Td's.
None of the 3 rookie QBs covered themselves in glory to be fair, but at least 1 was guaranteed a win.

Wilson made some nice throws but left plenty of points on the field. Lynch and the defense won Seattle the game, not to mention the fact they came up against RG1.5

pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
Like i said Wilson is the best Rookie Qb this year. Shame that happened to RG3. And actually what usually happens is the player will say hes fit and ready to play regardless of the injury so the coach does not really know if hes fully fit ( even though rg3 was still limping in the previous games). Not to mention the media pressure rg3 was putting shanahan through saying he was disappointed being benched vrs the browns bla bla. remember when cutler got a nasty fingure injury and left the playoff game half way thought he was slated by the media for being a coward and other stuff.

MCFC1993 said:
Haha I dont think anyone will chance it with Rivers, looks like a world beater one week the next it looks like he's been pulled off of the street to play.

Hes been awful the pass 2 seasons its like hes looking to throw Int's rather then Td's.
None of the 3 rookie QBs covered themselves in glory to be fair, but at least 1 was guaranteed a win.

Wilson made some nice throws but left plenty of points on the field. Lynch and the defense won Seattle the game, not to mention the fact they came up against RG1.5

ye it was not his most stellar game but 2 rookies in the playoffs nerves ect. The fact Wilson in one of the plays out ran lynch and made a block for him was amazing i was loling out laud. ive never seen that before.

AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:

ye it was not his most stellar game but 2 rookies in the playoffs nerves ect. The fact Wilson in one of the plays out ran lynch and made blocked for him was amazing i was loling out laud. ive never seen that before.
Yeah, he showed a lot of determination to get the W and in the end that's all that matters.

I'm confident the Falcons can and will beat Seattle, I know they're a good team, but I didn't see anything in the game that worried me too much, especially with Clemson likely to be out.

More of what might have been imo if RG3 wasn't rushed back as he was in the regular season, it might have been a closer game

pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
pudge said:

ye it was not his most stellar game but 2 rookies in the playoffs nerves ect. The fact Wilson in one of the plays out ran lynch and made blocked for him was amazing i was loling out laud. ive never seen that before.
Yeah, he showed a lot of determination to get the W and in the end that's all that matters.

I'm confident the Falcons can and will beat Seattle, I know they're a good team, but I didn't see anything in the game that worried me too much, especially with Clemson likely to be out.

More of what might have been imo if RG3 wasn't rushed back as he was in the regular season, it might have been a closer game

thats the thing i remember in high school if u dont play hert your considered a pussy and you need to man up. so that kind of mentality forces players to come back and play even when not fully fit. thats the biggest difference between our sporting mentality versus European sporting mentality imo. which leads to more injuries for us in the long term but what ever. And ya lets see if the falcons can do it in the playoffs.

AntiUnited said:
so that kind of mentality forces players to come back and play even when not fully fit. thats the biggest difference between our sporting mentality versus European sporting mentality imo.

Tell that Kenny Clements.

He tried to run off a broken leg that time against Ipswich.

pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
pudge said:

Fair play to you if you're confident about the Falcons but I'm sure as hell not. Seattle has pretty much been the best team in the league over the last couple of months, and the Falcons along with certain other Atlanta sports teams have a habit of playing well below their best come playoff time. Hope you're right though!

tidyman said:
AntiUnited said:
so that kind of mentality forces players to come back and play even when not fully fit. thats the biggest difference between our sporting mentality versus European sporting mentality imo.

Tell that Kenny Clements.

He tried to run off a broken leg that time against Ipswich.

not saying it goes for every 1 but just my general observation of the matter.

aussie blake said:
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:

Fair play to you if you're confident about the Falcons but I'm sure as hell not. Seattle has pretty much been the best team in the league over the last couple of months, and the Falcons along with certain other Atlanta sports teams have a habit of playing well below their best come playoff time. Hope you're right though!

can't believe i could still get the hawks at 14-1 before yesterday considering their recent run - not saying they will win it but those odds were just too tempting!

pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
Fair enough, with regard to Luck et al

However...

Denver had an easier schedule than us so there goes that argument. PLUS we beat Denver and shut out the defending Champs 34-0.

ye but they have some 1 called payton manning... dont matter who they play he will cut them open
Except for us, when we picked him off 3 times in 1 quarter.

Watched every minute of Broncos football this season, and the Peyton Manning you see now is about 1000x better than the Peyton Manning in only his second game back after 4 neck operations.

In the end of that game, we were only one stop away from having a chance to win the game, only 6 points back as it was.

The transformation of us since that first half in San Diego has been incredible, on both sides of the ball.

Weaver99 said:
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
ye but they have some 1 called payton manning... dont matter who they play he will cut them open
Except for us, when we picked him off 3 times in 1 quarter.

Watched every minute of Broncos football this season, and the Peyton Manning you see now is about 1000x better than the Peyton Manning in only his second game back after 4 neck operations.

In the end of that game, we were only one stop away from having a chance to win the game, only 6 points back as it was.

The transformation of us since that first half in San Diego has been incredible, on both sides of the ball.
I know it was only 2 games in but you don't forget how to play football over night.

Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning. Obviously there was a transitional period but that game give our team a lot of confidence and positives.

How many times was he picked off 3 times all game let alone one quarter, during that transitional period.

Denver were a play off team before Peyton so that win was pretty big for us at the time to be fair

-- Jan 7th, '13, 15:08 --

aussie blake said:
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:

Seattle are good but with it being at the dome I think that makes a huge difference.

Moore will be back and hopefully Abe will be fit and our receivers probably match up the best against Sherman and co.

The only real worry I have is Lynch, if we can contain him for the most part and put the game on Wilson I think we'll win.

Can't wait for Matt to tell them to get off his field

matt-ryan-get-the-fuck-off-my-field-GIF.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.