NFL?

leighton

In all honesty whats the point in it. I watched a bit of 1 game there at the weekend the last 5 minutes and it took nearly 30 minutes to finish the game. Granted there was a score during that time. Its seems to be so fucking stop start I just dont see why anyone would want to look at this. A bunch of fucking pussies in padded up gear running around a pitch. How they get injured with all that protection I will never know. The sad thing it is starting to take over on british tv with most of the games on Sky what a waste of money.

Also for some daft reason a game could be coming to Dublin next year or 2 and at Croke Park I just cant see it selling out over here. Only if there is a load of Americans working over here that will turn up. Some sports I just dont understand and will never understand and American Football is up there with Cricket.

I used to watch it when it first came on C4 in the 80,s - don't forget there wasn't anywhere nearly as much proper football on tv then. No idea whats going on with it all now though.

I'd go to watch a game at Etihad or Reebok as a one off over here, or to one in the US - just so I could say I'd been to one really.

I really don't can't be arsed with their other sports either - netball and rounders or whatever it is they call it.

Cricket's great - I can watch it all day - and have done far too many times.

Same as Dave, i used to watch it on c4 and supported the giants, Phil Simms, Lawrence Taylor etc.

It was a bit stop start then but now there is a flag nearly every play. Then a small army of old codgers (the refs) have a good old natter then a penalty.

There are more coaches and tacticians etc than bloody players ffs.

Totally turned me of the sport.

I put it on if I cant sleep the odd night its on as I will eventually just fall to sleep. Just bored to fuck. Same with Cricket if I cant sleep will find something that will bore me to bits. Got into the world cup for a bit when the Blarney Army were in it and it was the quicker game which helped a lot.

leighton said:
In all honesty whats the point in it. I watched a bit of 1 game there at the weekend the last 5 minutes and it took nearly 30 minutes to finish the game. Granted there was a score during that time. Its seems to be so fucking stop start I just dont see why anyone would want to look at this. A bunch of fucking pussies in padded up gear running around a pitch. How they get injured with all that protection I will never know. The sad thing it is starting to take over on british tv with most of the games on Sky what a waste of money.

Also for some daft reason a game could be coming to Dublin next year or 2 and at Croke Park I just cant see it selling out over here. Only if there is a load of Americans working over here that will turn up. Some sports I just dont understand and will never understand and American Football is up there with Cricket.

Injuries are common because they can tackle you at knee level most of them weigh 300/350 pounds can run 60 yrads in about 4 seconds and are built for pain. Without the pads with the way they are allowed to tackle people would die every weekend. Its a great game you just have to get over the initial non stop action of sports we grew up with, i learnt to love it along with baseball just by forcing myself through a couple of games, couple of bbers while watching quite fun.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
leighton said:

Injuries are common because they can tackle you at knee level most of them weigh 300/350 pounds can run 60 yrads in about 4 seconds and are built for pain. Without the pads with the way they are allowed to tackle people would die every weekend. Its a great game you just have to get over the initial non stop action of sports we grew up with, i learnt to love it along with baseball just by forcing myself through a couple of games, couple of bbers while watching quite fun.

Theres no need for padding. Look at rugby the speed and power of those people in the tackle is a lot worst than Nfl. Also no padding and the injuries in the tackle are slim compared to Nfl.

leighton said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
leighton said:

Theres no need for padding. Look at rugby the speed and power of those people in the tackle is a lot worst than Nfl. Also no padding and the injuries in the tackle are slim compared to Nfl.

See i used to think this but the difference in size between rugby player and nfl player is quite significant. Alot of tackles in NFL quite rightly are banned in rugby due to lack of padding. Also if you look these days most players have protection on there chests shoulders and arms in rugby due to pro making everyone monsters. The average playing career of an NFL player is 3 years due to injuries

I go out of my way to see the football (obviously) and some of the boxing, that's it. Cricket's good for a background light, rugby's alright when you see someone bleed, but anything else can be best described as wank.

nashark said:
I go out of my way to see the football (obviously) and some of the boxing, that's it. Cricket's good for a background light, rugby's alright when you see someone bleed, but anything else can be best described as wank.

NO NO NO you fool womens beach volleyball

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.