N'Golo Kante

I am not sure about this signing. Although his work rate is absolutely immense, he is very limited on the ball and has only had ONE season at a higher standard. Reminds me of a Wilf Bony or Benteke type of signing.

Would much rather go for Granit Xhaka who has proven pedigree at playing at a higher level on a more consistent basis.

I am not sure about this signing. Although his work rate is absolutely immense, he is very limited on the ball and has only had ONE season at a higher standard. Reminds me of a Wilf Bony or Benteke type of signing.

Would much rather go for Granit Xhaka who has proven pedigree at playing at a higher level on a more consistent basis.
Yeah Xhaka would be a quality signing and would release Fernandinho.

Surely Kante is made for a counter attacking team? Don't think he's what we need if we want to become a possession-based team again.

Surely Kante is made for a counter attacking team? Don't think he's what we need if we want to become a possession-based team again.
I'd agree he just doesn't seem like a Pep player to me, if you look at Barca Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi, or Bayern today Thiago, Vidal, Gotze. Kante just doesn't seem to fit Gundogon, Pogba or Kroos or Isco with DeBruyne or Silva even Nasri all seem more Guardiola type players to me.

I'd agree he just doesn't seem like a Pep player to me, if you look at Barca Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi, or Bayern today Thiago, Vidal, Gotze. Kante just doesn't seem to fit Gundogon, Pogba or Kroos or Isco with DeBruyne or Silva even Nasri all seem more Guardiola type players to me.
he could be our vidal.

(MEN) Manchester City will NOT move for N’Golo Kante this summer, with Pep Guardiola still focusing on the targets he’s drawn up with director of football Txiki Begiristain.

Despite reports in France that City were in advanced negotiations over a deal for the Leicester midfielder, club sources say there is ‘no interest’ in the player who was one of the Premier League’s brightest stars this season.

Guardiola plans to bring in at least one midfielder this summer, with Borussia Dortmund’s Ilkay Gundogan expected to be one of the first arrivals.

Begiristain has already held talks with the German international’s agent ahead of a deal worth around £20m.

City are also ready to resurrect their interest in Juventus’ Paul Pogba, while Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos is another target.

Yaya Toure is expected to leave the Etihad at the end of the season, with the futures of Fernando also uncertain.

Guardiola has made no secret of his love of midfielders, memorably claiming once that he would sign a thousand of them if he had the choice.

Fernandinho’s outstanding form this season means it is likely he will remain, while Fabian Delph will hope for an injury-free campaign following his fitness issues since signing from Aston Villa last summer.

Kante has also been linked with Manchester United and Arsenal.

He's linked with the rags as well is he???
That's some fucking squad there'll have next season!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.