NHL- Whose yer' team?

Im a kings fan - living in LA you have to support your local team. I go to a few games every year. Though they are pretty inconsistant much like 'old city' its fun to watch with a HUGE beer. Apparently the east coast atmosphere is way better and more rowdy compared to out here....Same with baseball - This coast all we care about is if your burger is low carb and how many calories you're drinking :-D

Big Svender said:
buzzer1 said:
Top post mate. The Hawks have some top kids and mixed with some experience it should only be a matter of time before they take the Stanley. The Kings have been basically shite over the last few years but getting feedback from our kid and seeing them beat the Islanders the other nite away in Uniondale and going 4 straight wins, it should be a bit better this time around. When i was in L.A. In 90, i used to watch the live Kings games and a guy called Bob Miller used to commentate along with Jim Fox, and when they beat the Islanders the other night the very same commentators were doing the game, it was well strange and they have got younger, it must be the Californian air or somert.

Yes, a lot of old teams like the Kings, Blues and Hawks are going to be ready to contend very soon. Should make it more interesting for a lot of fans who lost interest when they canceled the season due to the strike/lockout about 5 years ago. Loved the uniforms that the Kings used to wear in the 1970s (I think they still break them out occasionally now)

2hehumd.jpg

Yes mate theres some lovely gear but its fairly pricey, at least its built to last though especially in comparison to the £40+ rip off replicas football tops.

california blue said:
Im a kings fan - living in LA you have to support your local team. I go to a few games every year. Though they are pretty inconsistant much like 'old city' its fun to watch with a HUGE beer. Apparently the east coast atmosphere is way better and more rowdy compared to out here....Same with baseball - This coast all we care about is if your burger is low carb and how many calories you're drinking :-D

Where abouts you living mate?

Buffalo Sabres for me........have friends in Buffalo and have been over there a fair few times since 1990.

Been to see them a few times, and having been a Manchester Storm season ticket holder, where i thought the atmosphere was amazing and the game pretty good too, the difference in the NHL is massive. The standard is incredible and the atmosphere is immense!

They have had some great players,

Dominik Hasek-arguably one of the best ever goaltenders
Pat LaFontaine
Dave Andreychuk
Alexander Mogilny
Miroslav Satan
Jason Pominvile

Never won a Stanley Cup!

I seem to pick all the successful teams!

Alanm1980 said:
Are the Leafs going for 1st pick in the draft this year?
Well there's still 70-odd games to go, but it's looking like that. They're dreadful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.