NHS being recommended 1% pay rise

Yes many NHS staff went more than the extra mile, as did Police Officers for instance, as did many unsung heroes. Most of the 1.3 million NHS workers are not ICU nurses and doctors.
Yes 1% is sod all especially with tax thresholds frozen , but unless you're at the top of the grade then an annual increment will be paid as well as 1%.
The annual increment that they are entitled to. The one that had some increments frozen for almost 10 years already?

I respect the NHS workers hugely and what they have done in this pandemic. However, a lot of the private sector have seen a drop in their real earnings since the financial crisis of the past decade. I know plenty who had pay cuts, had their pay frozen or simply lost their jobs.

The country is in a financial hole, unfortunately low to middle earners will be the ones that bear the brunt. If the economy booms after Covid is under control hopefully better pay for NHS and other key workers will filter through.
Ok for the billions wasted on the track and trace fiasco ?
we had our pay frozen or 1% for 8 years from 2010 to 2018

you don't think they could at least try to get us back to parity with what we earned back in 2010?
after all that has happened

one day,the nhs will implode through lack of staff,when immigrants eventually stop coming here
no one will be left to man ,trust me
what will happen then

Yes 1% is sod all especially with tax thresholds frozen , but unless you're at the top of the grade then an annual increment will be paid as well as 1%.
everyone comes to the end of their 3rd year pay deal at the end of march 2021
so no increment
im on the 3rd year of my pay deal from 2018
this year 2020-2021 took me to £9.20 per hour
37 pence above the minimum wage,same as my mrs on ITU

Are you trolling ?
Not at all.but it seems slightly like opportunism. NHS is flavour of the month workers demand more pay
What about firefighters , police do they have to wait for a big issue in there area to deserve more than the standard rise. No contract is signed with any guarantee of pay rises and they are all signed willingly.

It's an awful situation, we all know the economy is taking a real hit and we are going to be paying off all the borrowing for many years or decades to come. On one hand the Government should be applauded for furlough and managing to keep people in work, on the other hand you look at the huge sums that have been wasted over the last year.
The NHS is such an emotive subject and I suspect 99% of people would back them to get a decent rise rather than the 1% proposed, the money has to come from somewhere but god knows where from.

Ok for the billions wasted on the track and trace fiasco ?
we had our pay frozen or 1% for 8 years from 2010 to 2018

you don't think they could at least try to get us back to parity with what we earned back in 2010?
after all that has happened

one day,the nhs will implode through lack of staff,when immigrants eventually stop coming here
no one will be left to man ,trust me
what will happen then
Without the financial woes and the burden the pandemic has added to it I would absolutely support the NHS to get their pay back up especially for those in the lower paid jobs. However it's going to be proper tough for everyone including your profession. I'm sorry for you, I really am and it's not a reward for the fantastic job you have done.

Not at all.but it seems slightly like opportunism. NHS is flavour of the month workers demand more pay
What about firefighters , police do they have to wait for a big issue in there area to deserve more than the standard rise. No contract is signed with any guarantee of pay rises and they are all signed willingly.
What a ****

Yep trolling

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.