NHS being recommended 1% pay rise

Two completely separate issues.

There was a procurement framework and the government needed vast amounts of PPE at very short notice - it’s pretty inevitable that the businesses who supply it would make an awful lot of money. It doesn’t make it corrupt or unethical.

Unless we want to have state-run PPE factories then the government have to procure it from businesses - I really don’t see where the story is here.

I’m not sure you can say it wasn’t unethical.

It’s not ethical to source PPE preventing governments access to that PPE. They can work more nimbly than governments and effectively cornered the market. I’m prohibited by regulations from doing that in my day job. Whilst I respect that they saw an opportunity the amount of money they have earned for fuck all effort and risk sits a little uncomfortably.

Simple solution is 100% excess profit tax like we did during the war. Apply it retrospectively. Take companies previous profits, allow them say 10-15% on top, and owt over that...100% tax, we’re having it back. And those that just set up companies for this let them keep 10-15% of their profit and the rest comes back. I think people would be happy with that. Shit like that article riles folk up.

Looks like we`re in for a shite winter with regards to the NHS. They`re currently getting hammered in A&E and the knock on across the other departments is horrendous. The pay for the lower Bands is falling behind the rest of working world to the point of where they can`t fill positions. Retention of staff of the lower bands is also a problem and staff are no longer treating the public sector as a career. They can earn more stacking shelves in supermarkets and don`t get the hassle.
Whilst those up the food chain earn a decent crust it`s the lower bands that are suffering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.