NHS Crisis

We have an aging and infirm population that just keeps growing. We have big pharmaceutical companies producing drugs that keep people alive who shouldn't be. The average working class person also has no idea about where to go and what to do with any minuscule problem. Society has developed an unrealistic 'I want it fixed and fixed now, I deserve it' culture. Hospitals are underfunded and understaffed. The NHS haemorrhages money with way too many managers and management levels. The procurement of equipment for the NHS is ridiculous and they pay way over the odds, again haemorrhaging money. Just some of the reasons the NHS is struggling.

LOL what?

How is saying universal healthcare is a privilege in any way contradicting saying that we should have an NHS? Answer: it isn't.

I'd expect you would be able to understand such a basic piece of logic.

Being given pies is a privilege but that doesn't mean I want to get rid of pies; I like pies! Equally I don't go around banging on about my right to free pies.
Now I know you're deluded. Being given pies is a basic human need! ;-)

We have an aging and infirm population that just keeps growing. We have big pharmaceutical companies producing drugs that keep people alive who shouldn't be. The average working class person also has no idea about where to go and what to do with any minuscule problem. Society has developed an unrealistic 'I want it fixed and fixed now, I deserve it' culture. Hospitals are underfunded and understaffed. The NHS haemorrhages money with way too many managers and management levels. The procurement of equipment for the NHS is ridiculous and they pay way over the odds, again haemorrhaging money. Just some of the reasons the NHS is struggling.

So, so true...........

If you can afford private medical insurance and have it then you should use private gps and private hospitals and treatment paid privately by your insurance company. It's laughable that the NHS is still a universal service it should be a service for those who need it and can't pay. Remember when everyone used to get child benefit. Granted emergency and ambulances will always and rightly take you to hospital but otherwise.....

AA Gill for example was treated by the NHS, he chose to do so but I am sure he can afford private medical care and should have been treated privately and had it paid for privately by an insurance company.

I am not criticising him by the way , I liked the chap but it is an example of people who are wealthy but think they should be treated by the NHS.

Equally health tourists should pay and it should be enforced.

The policy of ambulance crews not being able to go back out until the patient is admitted to a and e is ridiculous. it's the most bonkers system. It just ties patients and ambulance crews up.

Also some people need to man up and stop going to a and e with a cold or sore thumb.

Why should people who pay their fair share of tax and National Insurance not be entitled to use the NHS?

As a psychiatric patient I recently asked my doctor what the monthly cost of my medication was to the NHS. It is truly frightening.

Today the Guardian published the following article which outlines how large pharmaceutical companies have cut research into new anti-depressants by 70%:

https://www.theguardian.com/science...entists?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Meanwhile, in the last 15 years the prescribing of anti-depressants (most notably SSRIs such as Prozac and Quetiapine) has doubled in the UK.

Nowadays, a lot of focus is rightly directed at self-management therapies including CBT and mindfulness. Meanwhile, Big Pharma continue to rake in billions.

The drugs don't work, but the price is right.

Why didn't we see it earlier? The Doctors have caused the enormous problems with the NHS!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.