NHS Crisis

I don't know if many of you know bit since Sept 2015 the fire service have been in a trial co responding to cardiac arrests, this it help the strapped ambulance crews out Ive turned out to many in that time, this morning at 5am we turned out to one and we were first on scene, the fast response paramedic was not far behind but the nearest ambulance available was in Salford, this incident was in Failsworth!! These guys are run into the ground and are leaving in droves, we had a polish paramedic in the job because the can't recruit enough over here, however I've heard many of these leave because they can't hack how much work they have to do over here.

The NHS has been in crisis for as long as I can remember, many years of moaning like those involved in education kind of dilutes the story. The politicians will no doubt spend another few billion on new reforms soon as they have been doing for ever and a day.

I don't know if many of you know bit since Sept 2015 the fire service have been in a trial co responding to cardiac arrests, this it help the strapped ambulance crews out Ive turned out to many in that time, this morning at 5am we turned out to one and we were first on scene, the fast response paramedic was not far behind but the nearest ambulance available was in Salford, this incident was in Failsworth!! These guys are run into the ground and are leaving in droves, we had a polish paramedic in the job because the can't recruit enough over here, however I've heard many of these leave because they can't hack how much work they have to do over here.

The recruitment policy of the ambulance service is run by cunts

The recruitment policy of the ambulance service is run by cunts
You could be right. My daughter trained in London and was offered a job with LAS on qualification. However she (and one of her pals from the course) wanted to move back up North. So they applied to NWAS who had advertised vacancies and were both rejected. She was somewhat pissed off but a few days later, her interview date (and that of her pal) came through. They both now work for NWAS but were never offered any apology or explanation.

Someone mentioned PFI's earlier. The Government, Red and Blue, have really messed up with these. I remember PFI being likened to paying a mortgage with a credit card.

Nope.

1. Far, far too many managers who live a 9 to 5, Mon to Fri way of life. Oh, and waaayyyyy too many managers.
2. Absolutely phenomenal rates of sickness absence - shocking levels that wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else.
3. Outrageous pay enhancements for 'unsocial' hours.
4. Patients taking the piss:
- people using ambulances who don't need one.
- people attending a&e with headaches/toothache/minor cuts and abrasions.
5. Being ripped off by private companies for goods and services.
6. Oh, and let's not forget PFI......

Hi Maig

You've made some good points, however, the NHS does not have a higher proportion of managers than many other industries. / sectors. I do think there is a problem with a blind eye turned to corruption in parts of NHS management.

A local hospital is running a procurement exercise ton buy an electronic staffing / rostering system. A googled the NHS manager's name who is running this exercise and found that they had tweeted to support the products of one of the bidders. It's a hospital who have massive debts. They should be striving for value for money and quality for their investment.

Last edited:
You could be right. My daughter trained in London and was offered a job with LAS on qualification. However she (and one of her pals from the course) wanted to move back up North. So they applied to NWAS who had advertised vacancies and were both rejected. She was somewhat pissed off but a few days later, her interview date (and that of her pal) came through. They both now work for NWAS but were never offered any apology or explanation.

I applied for a job as a assistant paramedic, got my date for assessment, took time off work unpaid went through all the tests and passed. They told me I had the job and they would contact me when the course started. Made up I was told everyone i knew and was really looking forward to. Rang them a few times as I didn't get a date, just waiting for places they said. 6 months later sorry we don't recruit people that way any more the system changed.

They now have ambulance drivers who aren't paramedics, no problem but they recruit people Tell them to wait for the course and leave them hanging, after a year it's sorry we had too many numbers you have to apply again. Promise people jobs then take it off them. Fuck em no wonder the NHS is up the shitter.

Hi Maig

You've made some good points, however, the NHS does not have a higher proportion of managers than many other industries. / sectors. I do think there is a problem with a blind eye turned to corruption in parts of NHS management.

A local hospital is running a procurement exercise ton buy an electronic staffing / rostering system. A googled the NHS manager's name who is running this exercise and found that they had tweeted to support the products of one of the bidders. It's a hospital who have massive debts. They should be striving for value for money and quality for their investment.

Pretty much spot on. It's not the number of managers, but the number of bad managers.

I've worked for the NHS at various sites, and currently as an independent IT consultant. It's a really nice organisation to work for as a consultant because they treat you like staff - that is, no pressure. The sad thing is I sense an air of defeat in a lot of the departments. And some of the IT providers know this and get away with selling all sorts of badly-written software to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.