NHS pay deal

Not this shite again.
There’s something like one for every 2000 NHS employees so it’s pretty unlikely that most job vacancies are for Diversity and Inclusion Managers.

One of the biggest problem with the NHS is the perception that it’s stuffed full of overpaid managers whereas the reality is that most managers are actually clinical staff who have been put into management roles that they’re unsuited for because Trusts don’t want to employ people who are properly trained in management but not clinical because they’ll get accused of wasting money. As a percentage most areas of the NHS have fewer managers than most organisations.

My wife’s experience in the NHS is that poor performance is not dealt with properly and the majority who do a great job get pissed off by a minority that get away with everything because management don’t have the skills to deal with it, and they end up just moving the problem characters to other areas within the trust where they will inevitably cause more problems.
My wife has worked in the NHS or Manchester University all her working life 50 years, she Qualified as a SRN when nurses were trained properly on the wards, and then went into research later in life and still is on a part time basis, there are 13 people in her department and 4 of them are managers, a couple of them in their late 20 s, she is on the highest grade she can get to and has never been interested in being a manager, just another example of how money is being wasted in the NHS along with the woke jobs that are advertised and the time wasted doing online training about Gender inclusion ect that are subcontracted out to companys that are making a fucking fortune out of it

I have no idea as to the truth of this but I read a story where a nurse was complaining that her degree included almost nothing about patient care, but plenty about equality and other quasi political subjects.

I have no idea as to the truth of this but I read a story where a nurse was complaining that her degree included almost nothing about patient care, but plenty about equality and other quasi political subjects.

Do you really think that it could be true?

Sounds like someone mouthing off after failing a course or who had expectations that differed from reality.

Sounds like someone mouthing off after failing a course or who had expectations that differed from reality.
My daughter has just completed her nursing degree and the vast majority was about patient care, including over 2,000 hours of placement (50% of the whole course). All nursing degrees must have this, so no, it's not true at all.

My daughter has just completed her nursing degree and the vast majority was about patient care, including over 2,000 hours of placement (50% of the whole course). All nursing degrees must have this, so no, it's not true at all.

I've dated a few nurses (including one who was in first year of adult nursing at the time) so knew it was bullshit. Surprised that someone intelligent would share it even with the "I don't know if it's true disclaimer".

You can literally look up the course guide for nursing degrees online (as you can for pretty much any degree). I just looked at one for Swansea and it covers things like care for adults with complex needs, palliative care as well as most of your senior year being actually in placement. It took me all of 30 seconds and it's all there written in black and white with a detailed technical syllabus.

If it actually is somehow true and some complete dolt is complaining about what they're learning on their degree, then maybe they could have done the bare minimum of what virtually every undergraduate in the country does and actually look up what they're going to be studying before dedicating 3 years of their life and thousands of pounds to pursuing the degree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.