NHS pay deal

Nurses reject pay offer is enough. They still get the 5.5% and let’s see what government offer now. Else strikes for sure.

They are fuelled by the JD settlement and basically want similar. To put that in context a 20% pay rise will cost about £14bn give or take. Unless they create a separate pay spine for qualified nurses to try and keep costs down but I can’t imagine HCAs, porters etc would be happy and rightly so. Not sure where Unite/Unison members are, Union leaders said it was fair for Scotland.
I am really pleased the nurses are rejecting this pay offer , all those strikes just for a small rise , would have been a waste of time

Nurses are worth more than they are getting. Good to see it rejected and them holding out for more after years of the Tories fucking them (and others) over.

What would be a realistic figure, and would it be better to do that like the JDs, over a set period?

I would imagine they’d be reasonably happy with 15% upwards. If that’s offered split over 2 years like the JDs I don’t think they’d object.

The problem for Reeves is JDs are one thing but it costs an awful lot more to pay nurses more (as it includes everyone on ”Agenda for change” which is nurses, HCAs, porters, receptionists, IT etc etc - basically everyone who isn’t a doctor).

I would imagine they’d be reasonably happy with 15% upwards. If that’s offered split over 2 years like the JDs I don’t think they’d object.

The problem for Reeves is JDs are one thing but it costs an awful lot more to pay nurses more (as it includes everyone on ”Agenda for change” which is nurses, HCAs, porters, receptionists, IT etc etc - basically everyone who isn’t a doctor).
There’s a huge recruitment and retention issue, a pay rise like that, including training places, would go some way to sorting the issue.

There’s a huge recruitment and retention issue, a pay rise like that, including training places, would go some way to sorting the issue.

I agree. Miss MB has recently qualified as a midwife. Her uni “debt” is about £70k IIRC. Who the feck wants to go into nursing with that sort of debt hanging over them? Train to be a nurse in UK, get debt, fuck off to Australia and earn more and not pay a penny back towards debt and get half decent weather. It’s a no brainer.

Last time Labour were in power you were getting paid to train as a nurse/midwife not the other way around. I know people who were able to retrain as a nurse because they were getting enough money to let them quit their jobs and retrain. It was a brilliant system.

It won’t be easy for Reeves to sort pay and make training pay especially as she has painted herself in to a corner on taxes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.