Niall Quinns Disco Pants are the best.

MCFC1986 said:
colinbellsboots said:
Ask your self 1 question WHY WOULD A RAG BE SINGING ABOUT AN ARSENAL RESERVE PLAYER..? the reason it wont make sence is simple IT DIDNT HAPPEN......
it was us blues that coined , the exact wards for QUININIO.....there was a song in the charts in the sixtys.....but as i was i child , i didnt really take much notice...im sure that nials quinns disco pants where deffo not the the wards that where used.
unless someone had a premenition..

It was sang about a lad called Eddie Doran pal...as in Eddie Doran's disco pants are the best (due to a pair of shite sparkly pants) I'll look it up to see if there was an actually/similer song in the 60's
im sure there was a simalar song in the early sixtys, but you know how somtimes your childhood memorys sometimes blend into each other...so long ago i could be wrong

The original song believe it or not was....

Tommy Halls toffee balls are the best
you can rub em up and down on yer chest
they cure smelly feet in a week
Tommy Halls..Toffee balls

the tune was then used to Tommy Booth when he went in goal at Stoke in league cup tie!

The Niall Quinn lyrics followed as said after he was spotted in a club with big baggy pants on!

if my memory serves me correct!

droylsdenblue said:
The original song believe it or not was....

Tommy Halls toffee balls are the best
you can rub em up and down on yer chest
they cure smelly feet in a week
Tommy Halls..Toffee balls

the tune was then used to Tommy Booth when he went in goal at Stoke in league cup tie!

The Niall Quinn lyrics followed as said after he was spotted in a club with big baggy pants on!

if my memory serves me correct!
i think its time bluemoon gave us oldies a section all of our own ! so we could play bingo and skittles and remenise of the years that have FLOWN BY...

Great idea, CBB...let's start a new Wheeltappers and Shunters thread so we can hark back to the good ol' days of bar billiards, shove ha'penny and Watneys party sevens...

...ah'l sithee!

*cue all twenty- and thirty-somethings shaking their head in bewilderment*

mcfcm19 said:
I remember when micky made up his version for eddie in about 89! Not sure where it originated though?Does your brother look like a rat by any chance?

He looks like keith whitmore! (richard dolan)

it was made up on a pre season tour in italy, when quinny had cut off jeans on....thats what its about....and him and some other city players were pissed up in a bar,and i think him and mcmahon had had a fight,then they ended up in a club and he was dancing proper mad with these shorts on.if you look like that,and your seen by city fans,your gonna get a song made up about you. sunderland reckon they made it up,ive asked em what its about then,and they havent got a clue.they just say theyve sung it since they first signed him.yeah,cos you nicked it,you monkey on the run from hartlepool.

There was a pic posted somewhere of Quinn in those extra long burgendy babes at that party, his greatest moment must be when TC got sent off and Quinn tipped Saunders pen around the bottom of the lefthand post the kippax went nuts and broke out into disco pants.

has anyone seen dean saunders score against us from the spot?and im sure hes had atleast three attempts haha

chedinho said:
has anyone seen dean saunders score against us from the spot?and im sure hes had atleast three attempts haha
think he got one when derby beat us 6-0,but i remember him missing a few...think he missed for liverpool against us,we were supposed to be after him a few times,press reckoned he was a city fan,maybe he kept missing on purpose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.