Nice areas of England to live

Sam. said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Sam. said:
Whitby. It's the nicest town in North Yorkshire by a mile. Low crime, friendly people, relatively cheap and a generally good place to live.

Forget Harrogate, it's too expensive.
Absolutely love whitby and robin hoods bay.

Robin Hoods Bay is amazing. I live in Whitby but spend most of my time in Bay, I might aswell move down there. Great pubs.

Bay is a lovely place. My mum's house is two doors away from the Grosvenor Hotel on Mount Pleasant South.

If I had to recommend a place to live it would be North Norfolk. Places like Sheringham and Aylsham are lovely towns. The coast is stunning and Norwich is nearby.

johnny crossan said:
Garners Lane in Adswood, just a few years before I was born

GarnersLane1905.jpg

rhubarb fields on either side
It's not like that anymore !

mancityvstoke said:
yeah Adswood is fucking gorgeous.....try Bridgehall even gorgeouser
My thoughts exactly, one of the most deprived areas in stockport....lovely smart area not a hoodie in sight *cough*

youve described northumberland

a lot of villages about 10-15 minutes from newcastle which is a great, friendly city

plus 20-25 minutes from northumberland coast which is a well kept secret

villages vary but in general are typical old style english villages, seemingly untouched by issues many in the south face

above all else - value for money!

City Raider said:
youve described northumberland

a lot of villages about 10-15 minutes from newcastle which is a great, friendly city

plus 20-25 minutes from northumberland coast which is a well kept secret

villages vary but in general are typical old style english villages, seemingly untouched by issues many in the south face

above all else - value for money!

Great area.....we fancy Tynemouth up there. 20 mins by metro from Newcastle, but another world...

Not read through the full 12 pages of suggestions but Ripponden in West Yorkshire is a nice village, there are loads of really nice pubs / restaurants that have opened in the last few years and is easily accessible to Leeds and Manchester on the M62.

Down south, the villages around Ocford or Cambridge are all nice with good access to a reasonable sized trouble free city and good links to London.

Up north, Ramsbottom, Greenmount, Holcombe are all great for access to Bury/Manchester with little or no trouble (til I turned up obviously.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.