Nice areas of England to live

If the kids education is one of the main reasons, and you have the cash, what about Clitheroe or Whalley? Nice place and Stonyhurst College* on the doorstep.

Not too far to travel for games either.

*As long as you're a Catholic.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
If the kids education is one of the main reasons, and you have the cash, what about Clitheroe or Whalley? Nice place and Stonyhurst College* on the doorstep.

My cousins went to Stony. Nice place but in the middle of nowhere.

aguero16 said:
Been pondering the same thing myself. I'm from Nova Scotia Canada so cold is actually a bonus. I'd love some suggestions too. Some things that I'd look for are:

I'm a folk musician so country side is prefered too city life. I've always lived in small towns until this passed year when I moved to Halifax, Nova Scotia and I'm not a fan of the city.

Close to Manchester, so I can go to matches as a please. It doesn't have to be in Manchester or anything but close enough that it's not a huge trip to go.

I'm only 18 so an apartment for affordable place is always the best, although I might not move until I can afford a house it's a dream of mine to live in England.

Any suggestions would be great!

I suggest you stay in Canada mate. Moving to Manc would be a huge culture shock. My wifes family are all from New Glasgow and a couple now live in Halifax. Get yourself down to Ontario.

Barcon said:
aguero16 said:
Been pondering the same thing myself. I'm from Nova Scotia Canada so cold is actually a bonus. I'd love some suggestions too. Some things that I'd look for are:

I'm a folk musician so country side is prefered too city life. I've always lived in small towns until this passed year when I moved to Halifax, Nova Scotia and I'm not a fan of the city.

Close to Manchester, so I can go to matches as a please. It doesn't have to be in Manchester or anything but close enough that it's not a huge trip to go.

I'm only 18 so an apartment for affordable place is always the best, although I might not move until I can afford a house it's a dream of mine to live in England.

Any suggestions would be great!

I suggest you stay in Canada mate. Moving to Manc would be a huge culture shock. My wifes family are all from New Glasgow and a couple now live in Halifax. Get yourself down to Ontario.

Yeah I've been told the same thing. I love Canada but I'd just like to experience the change in culture. Doesn't have to be Manchester but close enough that going to see City is simple.

Most places in Devon, i live in a seaside town called Sidmouth. Nice town with variety of shops, several schools, a college, a college based on a large grounds called Bicton college which i did my animal management course but the location is ace.

Bus service is great, 40mins to Exeter which is the main city with the big highstreet shops etc.

Have a little look online :)

Bury is up and coming

we've got an Aldi and even a Nando's now!!!

nimrod said:
Sam. said:
Whitby. It's the nicest town in North Yorkshire by a mile. Low crime, friendly people, relatively cheap and a generally good place to live.

and fuckin freezin
And full of Dracula freaks, went there sea fishing for a weekend pubs full of them, had fookin nightmares for weeks after, mind you some of the vampiresses were a bit tasty

Garners Lane in Adswood, just a few years before I was born

GarnersLane1905.jpg

rhubarb fields on either side

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:

You don't have to be Catholic to go to a Catholic College.

Another question I have is, is it hard to get an English citizenship and information on that sort of thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.