nice club v winning club

Bill

mods merge this if you wish (you usually do lol)

do we want to be a "nice" club. a friendly easy going get walked all over club.

or do we want to be winners. y'know winners like the scum and chelski.

not sure you can be both.

As a supporter watching the team week in week out I’d rather watch decent, exciting football played by honest professionals and be a club challenging for the top 4 than watch dire football including a lot of 1-0 wins where the players dive, surround the ref constantly and basically do whatever is necessary to win, with no limits, but challenge for the league title.

At the end of the day football is about enjoyment, only one team out of twenty can win the league so nineteen will be disappointed, so you must enjoy the ride as the chances are, you won’t like the end result.

If we are having to pay £50/60 for home/away tickets I'd rather we were a winning club than a nice club to be honest.

I'll just pass this nugget on

"Beauty comes first,
Victory is secondary.
What matters, is Joy"

Socrates

And that's Socrates, the footballing doctor of Brazil, not the philosopher, although he had a few choice nuggets in his time!
To win at all costs, the ugly way, cheating, diving, surrounding and berating ref's and linesmen, will not be remembered favourably,
winning in the dying seconds, against the odds like we did on the last day of the season will, it might give us a few more grey hairs, but I wouldn't change it for anything

Bewar3them00n said:
I'll just pass this nugget on

"Beauty comes first,
Victory is secondary.
What matters, is Joy"

Socrates

And that's Socrates, the footballing doctor of Brazil, not the philosopher, although he had a few choice nuggets in his time!

Haha. I love that quote.

kenzie115 said:
As a supporter watching the team week in week out I’d rather watch decent, exciting football played by honest professionals and be a club challenging for the top 4 than watch dire football including a lot of 1-0 wins where the players dive, surround the ref constantly and basically do whatever is necessary to win, with no limits, but challenge for the league title.

At the end of the day football is about enjoyment, only one team out of twenty can win the league so nineteen will be disappointed, so you must enjoy the ride as the chances are, you won’t like the end result.

This,win the honest way and if that makes us too nice then so be it.
I do also think that to have the winning mentality it does take banging some heads together from time to time,its all about balance i guess

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.