nice club v winning club

success creates enemies. however much i enjoyed being everyones second team during the dark years, im starting to think thats just patronising. no turning back now anyway, fuck em.

Nice guys finish last.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:17 pm --<br /><br />
stimo said:
success creates enemies. however much i enjoyed being everyones second team during the dark years, im starting to think thats just patronising. no turning back now anyway, fuck em.

Correctamundo!

People are forgetting Pellegrini has a winning mentality and given a chance then we will reap the rewards.

It depends what you class as a nice club. What I have noticed especially this summer is that we have done our deals with minimal fuss and haven't leaked much to the press. Also Pellegrini doesn't seem to talk about transfer targets which is a stark contrast to Mancini and his crew.

I think the takeover rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and not just because of jealousy. From the very start there was that idiot who took of Portsmouth saying we were going to sign Ronaldo etc. Then there was the shocking way Garry Cook treated Dunne and Onouha. There was the Kaka saga what was a farce from day one. In Mancini we had a manager didn't try or want to be a nice guy. His style was to win and he didn't care who he insulted in the process. He would pubically talk about wanted other teams players, show imaginary cards and complain about referees. However this arrogant approach brought us success. For all his flaws Cook brought in the likes of Yaya, Kompany etc. And Mancini won us trophies and got us CL football.

Since the Spanish duo have came in I honestly think we look a lot more professional. People might go on about the way the Mancini sacking was handled but at the end of the day they would have been criticised no matter how they sacked him. If they would have made a statement saying he was staying and then sacked him then they would have been slated and the fact they didn't means they still got slated. Apart from the sacking, the way we have dealt with transfers and the press seems to be a lot more organised and efficient. One thing that's for certain is that we are aiming to play attractive football and bring through youth.

Only time will tell if we can better Mancini's trophy haul but if we can then there is no reason we cannot be a well liked successful club.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
TGR said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'd really like us to be a naughty club.

Naughty, but nice.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snpk43dO_Do[/youtube]
It is a little known fact that Salman Rushdie devised that tagline.

I knew that and I was thinking that as I watched it - before I read your post.

Blue2112 said:
I've always been immensely proud of our club for all the things it does off the pitch in the community, especially for all the Q&A's over the past 40 years where they have made players accessible to the fans, for having a family feel to the club which a lot of players sense this once they've pulled on that sky blue shirt, for our heritage and our history, for being typical City, for doing things our way, but most of all for our SUPPORT for never throwing in the towel in the face of adversity where no other clubs supporters has had to endure their nearest neighbours forever being hailed as the team every kid ever dreamt of playing for (not for me and nor for you) for having their nearest neighbours being regarded as the biggest team on the planet, for sticking together through it all whilst their nearest neighbours won everything possible whilst our club suffered one humiliation after another, for never choosing red over blue, for knowing the truth and that we are and have always been the chosen club, for having to endure closet rags coming out of every corner of this planet, but most of all for standing together proud to be blue always, men, women, boys and girls...yes especially girls have you ever looked around and seen how many women and girls attend City games. I have taken my two daughters and or 16 years now like me it has become their second home, my friends have become their friends and look out for them at games and I am proud to say City has by and large been a safe environment for them. Ours is a welcoming club and if at times in the past we have got it wrong on the pitch then undoubtedly more often than not we have gotten it right with our work off the pitch with the community, junior blues or the more recent live4city kids. We all want trophies but we were all here long before them and that is what has made our club great. Long may it continue but hopefully with some trophies thrown in for good measure ;-)

Great post, 2112.

City is like one big family.

I have made many friends and acquaintances over years - and met my Better Half - through my support of City

I enjoy winning to much to be nice, when i played even my own team mates hated me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.