nice club v winning club

de niro said:
mods merge this if you wish (you usually do lol)

do we want to be a "nice" club. a friendly easy going get walked all over club.

or do we want to be winners. y'know winners like the scum and chelski.

not sure you can be both.

Barcelona are an institution. I liked the donation to UNICEF in order to wear their name on the shirt and the model we're now using for our Academy that produced great players. I'd be uncomfortable if City were a Club of bastards.

citytilidie85 said:
I've been asked by work colleagues/friends etc ... who don't support City a similar question. Before the take over we were (apparently) many people's "2nd" team, a lot of people had a soft spot for us, although I generally saw it as pity! Now people don't like us due to the money which we can spend, a bit Chelsea. If I had the choice of being a club which other fans like, not be winning etc... ie before the take over or challenging for championships, playing CL each year and going to finals, for me there is no choice. I've seen the dire, the Kit Symons, Corradis, Creaneys, Bradburys and so on. Why would I choose to go back?

There's a difference to being nice; behaving in a professional and decent manner, and being liked by others. Jealousy will always exist, if Sheikh Mansour had chosen Newcastle or Arsenal ahead of us the majority of us would have levelled the same criticisms at them that have been aimed at us over the last five years.

The way the club is run and conducts itself comes form the very top. Sheikh Mansour.

No doubt he has told Khaldoon to run the club in the correct manner, on and off the pitch.(hence why Mancini.......)

I'm 100% sure all the People who work at/for City, regardless of their titles, know what is expected of them.

The end.

It's a ruthless, results-driven business.

If you don't have that in your locker, you're nowhere.

Like the game of thrones - you win or you die. Metaphorically speaking of course.

I think we can be both.

When you consider the characters we have in our first team squad - VK, Zaba, Kun, etc. - and compare them to those at the swamp - shrek, camel gob, van Pursestrings, etc - and the Kremlin - Terry, Cashley, Hazard, etc - I think most will agree that our players are much 'nicer'.

I believe the club has a policy of acquiring players of a certain character to be part of our club, and I hope this will continue long into the future.

de niro said:
mods merge this if you wish (you usually do lol)

do we want to be a "nice" club. a friendly easy going get walked all over club.

or do we want to be winners. y'know winners like the scum and chelski.

not sure you can be both.

Are Barcelona a "nice" winning club? Because this is the template we are trying emulate it seems.....

“ I doubt not that in due time, when the arts are brought to perfection, some means will be found to give a sound head to a man who has none at all. ”
— Voltaire

Winning is the priority.

That said I don't think we have the players to be nasty and get awAy with it. For example, whatever Joe Hart did to force his way into the Cup Final his confidence seems to be affected this season. We don't seem to have the Van Bommell type.

We need to be professional as other Blues have said a d I would also like to see more steel a d leadership in midfield e.g. De Rossi.

No time for losers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.