Nicky Summerbee working for City

If i got abused by idiots during the worst period of this club, i too would not have good things to say about the place or fans.

Whenever i have heard him on TV or Radio he has stuck up for us and spoke more sense than 99% of people on here.

leewill31 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Was in my view a very poor player in some very poor City sides and really should get nowhere near the club, based on his performance as a player. Lillis is a good shout, I know him and his son often attend games(when he isn't playing)and are big blues. I may be wrong, but I seem to recall he works for Scunthorpe in some kind of role I think.

i cant see how you have worked this one out!

poor player=cant talk our club up?

pmsl :)

Thats what I mean if...... its solely based on him as a player, he shouldn't have the job..... However, the role isn't about his legacy as a player, it's about what he brings to the table now...

By an accident of circumstance I ended up going out for an evening drinking with him about 6 years ago. I was not expecting a great deal as he had always struck me as surly and fucking bone idle.

I was pleasantly surprised, however, by his company and he has more affection for the club than is apparent from some of the shifts he put in on the pitch.

There have to be better candidates for this type of role, however. Mark Lillis is City through and through and surely that has to be the most important qualification for the job. Enthusiasm and love for City, not a lukewarm disposition towards it, should surely be the hallmark of an ambassador for the club.

I bumped into him and four of his mates in a bar town one afternoon. We got chatting with them, good natured at first ended up a full scale city v united argument with Nicky chipping in snide pro united arguments. He has no place at this club.

nicky was on a hiding to nothing moving to city, we did what lots of clubs have stupidly done, bought a guy on the visual of one game?if the lad has been given a job at city then give him time to see if he puts the effort in? i mean look at kiddo look at carlos and even platty is coming through so please lets not have the name calling lets see what he can do for us now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.