Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty average comment to make about one of our players mate. Nothing wrong with defenders dishing out a bit of physicality - look at Ramos, any team in the world would love him. At least Ota sticks up for himself, I don't want us being a team of soft arses. It's bad enough as it is sometimes.
Well said Riot Club

Most players do that, you know it. They're trying to win a free kick or get an opponent booked.

Doesn't quite fit your "old school hard man defender who looks after himself and dishes it out" image though does it? He's always throwing himself to the deck and it gets old fast.

That's a pretty average comment to make about one of our players mate. Nothing wrong with defenders dishing out a bit of physicality - look at Ramos, any team in the world would love him. At least Ota sticks up for himself, I don't want us being a team of soft arses. It's bad enough as it is sometimes.

Nothing against a player dishing it out a bit but if you do you should be able to take it too. Vinny being a prime example of a player who's hard but sporting. Ota rolling about when he's barely touched is cringeworthy. Bad to see from anyone but especially one of our defenders.

I'd probably feel like doing that if losing and annoyed enough in the heat of the moment to be totally honest. He's lucky he didn't get a red though to be fair, especially with VAR.

Some of his fouls were daft but the Croatians often backed in and drew the foul. Not too smart from Ota but I like his physicality and spirit.
He made two fouls.

Most players do that, you know it. They're trying to win a free kick or get an opponent booked.
It has been a part of his game, he is South American and not British. Many players have been doing it at the world cup and he is doing it too. Thankfully, it doesnt wash in the premier league and he has cut it out of his game pretty much while playing over here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.