Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by karen7, 4 Aug 2019.

1. cityboy1

cityboy1

stones is younger and has the homegrown advantage so he'll probably stay and we'll constantly be told that because he had a purple patch two years ago hes world class and is actually a good centre back.

BosnianBlue likes this.
  2. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
    yep, being homegrown is huge advantage for him.

3. cityboy1

cityboy1

Who knows he may suddenly mature into a leader in the next few years.

4. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
    I had those hopes, thought he might be our captain, but I think that train passed by

5. domalino

domalino

I would be playing Nico all the time now. He's got his flaws, but I think we need his attitude as much as anything.

6. cityboy1

cityboy1

im sure you'll think differently when he makes his usual mistakes. I think we should just play garcia with fenandinho tbh.

7. domalino

domalino

We don't have a choice between Nico and someone who wont make mistakes though.

It's Nico's mistakes or Stones' mistakes or Garcia who will make mistakes because he's a kid.

The realistic choice is Nico or Stones, and I think Nico is better.

8. decmancity

decmancity

Fernandinho makes mistakes, everyone does. Otamendi at least look like he cares during games and puts himself around on the pitch. Stones is sleep walking through this season.

Garcia should get game time, 90mins tomorrow and next Wednesday but Otamendi in for the weekend imo.

9. cityboy1

cityboy1

Fernandinho is a midfielder playing centre back he gets pass also hes still our best centre back right now. Stones is quicker and better with ball so id go with him if he can stay fit.

10. decmancity

decmancity

Gets a pass? what. Its just a fact of football mate, they all make mistakes doesn't matter where you play.

Stone is better with the ball at doing what exactly, he passes 10 yards to Walker or 5 yards to Fernandinho. His confidence is shot to pieces, I can't remember the last time he passes it over 20 yards as for pace, yeah i saw plenty of that when he was walking back to his own goal as the rags streamed past him.

Otamendi came off the bench against the rags and nearly scored twice, put in some tackles and did the exact same passing job that Stones did.