Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brennan gave him a 9 out of 10.

tenor.gif
The worst journalist covering the club by an absolute country mile.

We made a number of mistakes and poor choices yesterday, but Otamendi failing to react as Jota ran right past him (not on the blindside, literally right past him) for the first goal compounded by his ludicrous attempt at a tackle for the third goal were the worst of the bunch.

You can forgive his lack of pace. What is much harder to look past is such an experienced player making such terrible decisions
Otamendi had no involvement in the first goal, for the second he tried to cut out Traore's cross reaching Jota, surely only Mendy's utter stupidity can be blamed for that goal. Even for the third goal it wasn't just Otamendi's shit challenge at fault, when Docherty cut inside Mendy and Rodri were like statues as he played the one-two, he had a free run at the centre of our defence.

In the absence of another top class CB we're going to be stuck with him at times though I'd like us to be giving Garcia more game time now the title has effectively gone.

He gives everything and won loads of headers but lthe loss of Laporte has been huge. And Kompany.

Nine out of ten, ladies and gentlemen.

I like how for the opener he just takes a random guess at where the ball is going to be lumped to and starts running forward to contest a header that he just assumes will need to be contested there.

It's almost as good as their winner, where he decides which direction to throw himself into about five minutes in advance.

I bet when he goes to the cinema he just looks at his ticket, decides how the film will probably end and then goes home and has a barbeque.

He gives everything and won loads of headers but lthe loss of Laporte has been huge. And Kompany.
But the way we play, very high line, demands pace, which Otters lacks.

I really like Otters for his general play and loyalty to our side - but his total lack of pace is killing us, especially as balls over the top have become the favored attack of many our our opponents.

Part of the fix for our defensive issues is the signing of a pacy center back to pair with Laporte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.